`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cam Newton, Wow!!! Anyone Else Ready to Eat A Little Crow?

Cam Newton, Wow!!! Anyone Else Ready to Eat A Little Crow?
I've been busy moving and making the transition to Phoenix and haven't been a regular on the boards in a month or so. With football finishing up week 2, I find the most interesting story to watch is Newton.

Before the season, many people here and the national media had already declared Newton a bust. Some consistently showed their disdain while comparing him to JaMarcus Russell (other than being African-American and #1 picks, they really didn't have anything in common). I also expected him to not have success mostly because of his swagger and demeanor.

My son and I went to the Cardinals' home opener against the Panthers. I was impressed. Newton looked more comfortable at QB then Kevin Kolb. He even had his team in position to win (or tie) wtih their last possession (within 20 yds of the Cardinals' goalline).

All week long, the naysayers were still saying, "It will be a lot different when they play the Packers!"

Game 2. The Panthers give the Packers a run for their money. In my opinion, it's a different game if the Panthers go for it on 4th and 1 from the Packer 2 yd line early in the 1st half. Instead, they kick a field goal and go up 13-0.

Newton had 3 picks and occasionally looked like a rookie. He was not intimidated and still believed he could win the game. Two passing and a rushing TD and 432 yds passing, 50+ rushing!!! This after a week one performance of 420+yds.

The haters will still come out and say he hasn't won anything yet. That may be true. But how many of us believed that after only 2 pro games, Newton only sits behind a guy named Brady for offensive production and has already set rookie records.

I'm man enough to admit that I was wrong in saying this kid was going to be a bust. I like the way he plays. If the Panthers add more talent around him, they will be contenders in no time at all.

I'm not calling Newton the second coming of anything. That would be idiotic and premature.

We do know that he is a competitor and he definitely is not JaMarcus Russell!

RE: Cam Newton, Wow!!! Anyone Else Ready to Eat A Little Crow?
I agree, but man, the guy just needs a W!!!Wink
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

I will admit, he has done far better than I expected, but I agree... He needs a win to be taken seriously. And HE needs to be the one to LEAD them to a victory.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

I agree! Hope you are doing well here in AZ!
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

+1. Well put, I still don't care for Cram Newtian, but yes, he is quite a talent. I am dining on Crow.
Insert Banner.

(09-19-2011, 09:03 PM)itsdagooch Wrote: +1. Well put, I still don't care for Cram Newtian, but yes, he is quite a talent. I am dining on Crow.
Me too... feather anyone??? i still would like to see him this way in 2 years though.. the constant drive to win is the thing i wonder about....
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

I am gonna buy a few boxes next week if he gets 300+ yards just to try and hit something good of his. What would be some good ones to get for his cards though?
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

Not yet as the last person to have as good a start as a rookie was Todd Marinovich but he has surprised me so far. Not to mention the 3 int's yesterday.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

Ill skip eating crow and chuck me down some Purple Drank. I'm the guy with all the Jamarcuses after all LOL!
(BTW I really don't drink, and I most certainly would not drink that, so for all you kiddies out there, DON'T DO DRUGS!!!!!)

[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]