`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collecting Question

Collecting Question
I was recently doing some training for my job in which I had no access to a television or phone or anything. When I came out of the training I found out that the one guy I had been seriously collecting was traded to another team. I had invested alot of time and money into this player. He is not not a superstar or anything but thought he was going to be a break out player for my team. The question is should I continue to collect this guy or get rid of his cards? It really upsets me that he has been traded.
US Army Mechanic collecting 49er Greats; Rice, Montana, Craig, Rathman, Patrick Willis, etc.

RE: Collecting Question
this is really a question of collecting a player vs collecing a team... If you like the player, keep on going!!! However, if you were just collecting him cuz he was on your team, move on!
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

Thanks for the input. I guess it's really hard to collect the young players now. At least you know what your getting when you collect vetrans. It sucks to put alot of effort into players and they either get traded, injured, or leave the game.
US Army Mechanic collecting 49er Greats; Rice, Montana, Craig, Rathman, Patrick Willis, etc.

(09-18-2011, 09:21 PM)jlp1976 Wrote: Thanks for the input. I guess it's really hard to collect the young players now. At least you know what your getting when you collect vetrans. It sucks to put alot of effort into players and they either get traded, injured, or leave the game.
This is why I focus on VY in his Longhorns uni... He will ALWAYS be a Longhorn, and NOTHING will change that... I am rooting for the Eagles, just because he in on the team, and maybe pick up any Eagles cards if they make any (doubtful) but I will primarily focus on my VY Longhorn PC...Wink Stay true to your PLAYER man... Who is it btw???
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

Its up to you. From a value stand point. His rc's shouldnt go down but the rest probably will. I hate free agency for that very reason :-( As soon as he goes to another team, his pryor team cards drop. Sux..

I was supercollecting Taylor Mays the ex-Strong Safety for the 49ers. I guess he and Harbaugh didn't get along. He went to the Bengals and got injured. I even took the time and money to collect his nameplate. He isn't the greatest player in the league but thought he was going to make a big difference in the 49ers defense. I guess I was wrong. There is always Patrick Willis I guess.

(09-18-2011, 09:46 PM)superynaldo Wrote: This is why I focus on VY in his Longhorns uni... He will ALWAYS be a Longhorn, and NOTHING will change that... I am rooting for the Eagles, just because he in on the team, and maybe pick up any Eagles cards if they make any (doubtful) but I will primarily focus on my VY Longhorn PC...Wink Stay true to your PLAYER man... Who is it btw???
Same here. Wisconsin guys are ALWAYS Wisconsin guys, no matter where they play in the pros. That's one advantage of player collecting vs team collecting. Or college team vs pro team, I guess.
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

(09-19-2011, 02:54 PM)sconnienation3 Wrote: Same here. Wisconsin guys are ALWAYS Wisconsin guys, no matter where they play in the pros. That's one advantage of player collecting vs team collecting. Or college team vs pro team, I guess.
I agree... I am sticking to the idea I have right now...Smile I am very happy the way things are going with my personal collection... EXCEPT for the shillers on the bay... they are getting me MAD!!!

That makes a lot more sense. Maybe I should go with collecting Ohio State players. There have been a lot of outstanding players come from the Buckeyes.

(09-19-2011, 05:15 PM)jlp1976 Wrote: That makes a lot more sense. Maybe I should go with collecting Ohio State players. There have been a lot of outstanding players come from the Buckeyes.
Great idea...Wink