`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help!!! What is the difference between retail?

Help!!! What is the difference between retail?
So I am going through an old 90's binder of baseball I have, in there I notice I have alot of 1998 Upper Deck 10th Anniversary Preview cards, when I try and search for them to add in my ORG, it lists a two types, one is retail and the other is regular. My question is, how can you tell the difference between retail and non-retail? I wish Beckett would get of their **sses and at least provide an explanation or a picture (that would help alot)...but no such thing....can anyone help?

RE: Help!!! What is the difference between retail?
I picked up a couple rack packs of 2008 (I think) Ultra a few months back and I wondered the difference as well. I don't think it says on the cards.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

(09-17-2011, 12:59 AM)dlcarst Wrote: I picked up a couple rack packs of 2008 (I think) Ultra a few months back and I wondered the difference as well. I don't think it says on the cards.
Yeah I know...I just dont want to put something in my ORG wrong and then when a trade comes along...it goes wrong because I sent the wrong card...there is also a quite of difference between retail and non-retail...

Retail says preview edition on the left side

(09-17-2011, 01:30 AM)011873 Wrote: Retail says preview edition on the left side
Thanks...I appreciate it...mine are retail then....on the left lower side right?

(09-17-2011, 12:52 AM)arod0770710 Wrote: So I am going through an old 90's binder of baseball I have, in there I notice I have alot of 1998 Upper Deck 10th Anniversary Preview cards, when I try and search for them to add in my ORG, it lists a two types, one is retail and the other is regular. My question is, how can you tell the difference between retail and non-retail? I wish Beckett would get of their **sses and at least provide an explanation or a picture (that would help alot)...but no such thing....can anyone help?
WHITE card is RETAIL
SILVER card is REGULAR

OK, now I am confused...the cards I have are silver foil cards...at the bottom of the left hand corner it says 10th Anniversary Preview...this is the regular version...correct?

(09-17-2011, 12:59 AM)dlcarst Wrote: I picked up a couple rack packs of 2008 (I think) Ultra a few months back and I wondered the difference as well. I don't think it says on the cards.
On the Ultra cards, the foil stamping on the cards has a 'refractor' look on the hobby, and just plain foil on the retail.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(09-17-2011, 03:11 AM)arod0770710 Wrote: OK, now I am confused...the cards I have are silver foil cards...at the bottom of the left hand corner it says 10th Anniversary Preview...this is the regular version...correct?
Yes, those are regular versions. If the border was white, it would be retail.

I noticed that on 90s UD the retail cards have a different shaped hologram on the back. This might not be the case in all UD cards.