`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Topps twist..no team search in OPG BUT MARQUEE IS OK

New Topps twist..no team search in OPG BUT MARQUEE IS OK
I am a team collector, so each new product that comes out, I search the team for the cards, even before pricing, so I can add to my database.
Lineage and now Chrome..
No teams were provided to Beckett from Topps (just confirmed from Beckett staff), so OPG does not have the cards listed by team for search.
That means, manually searching all 200 cards, subsets and inserts for my tam to make sure I have all in my database.

Thanks Topps...customer service is #67 on their list of things...

I know there are other places to get checklists, but this was convenient and easy to use, especially for adding prices to the checklist..

RE: New Topps twist..no team search in OPG
Wow. I noticed that last night when entering some cards in to my Red Sox collection. I picked some Lineage cards and my normal search methods did not find them! While I realize that Topps might not have provided the info, wouldn't it be easy for a Beckett rep to recognize what team a player plays for and update it on their end?
[Image: TC_RedSox.jpg]

(09-16-2011, 07:27 AM)ct sox fan Wrote: Wow. I noticed that last night when entering some cards in to my Red Sox collection. I picked some Lineage cards and my normal search methods did not find them! While I realize that Topps might not have provided the info, wouldn't it be easy for a Beckett rep to recognize what team a player plays for and update it on their end?
They said that is what they would have to do, but it is very time consuming..they will do it when they can find the time, which means..
NO..it will not get done..

that stinks - I noticed that looking for topps chrome. It just gets worse everyday
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

(09-16-2011, 06:35 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I am a team collector, so each new product that comes out, I search the team for the cards, even before pricing, so I can add to my database.
Lineage and now Chrome..
No teams were provided to Beckett from Topps (just confirmed from Beckett staff), so OPG does not have the cards listed by team for search.
That means, manually searching all 200 cards, subsets and inserts for my tam to make sure I have all in my database.

Thanks Topps...customer service is #67 on their list of things...

I know there are other places to get checklists, but this was convenient and easy to use, especially for adding prices to the checklist..
Topps is getting farther and farther behind the 8 ball. If they can not even sort player by team for a check list I guess that answers my question. I have wondered for a while now, with all the new technology why couldn't the card companies send Beckett pictures of all of the cards along with their checklist, for them to load into their data base, and more info on their variations so people would have a clue as to which variation that they have.

(09-16-2011, 03:54 PM)dkotart Wrote: Topps is getting farther and farther behind the 8 ball. If they can not even sort player by team for a check list I guess that answers my question. I have wondered for a while now, with all the new technology why couldn't the card companies send Beckett pictures of all of the cards along with their checklist, for them to load into their data base, and more info on their variations so people would have a clue as to which variation that they have.
Wow!!! How true!!! Wouldn't that be great??!!

RE: New Topps twist..no team search in OPG BUT MARQUEE IS OK
Just edited the title.
I can search Marquee by team name..
I guess it is just the Lineage and Chrome that is a problem..
Someone from Topps forgot to add an attachment when sent to Beckett??

(09-16-2011, 03:54 PM)dkotart Wrote: Topps is getting farther and farther behind the 8 ball. If they can not even sort player by team for a check list I guess that answers my question. I have wondered for a while now, with all the new technology why couldn't the card companies send Beckett pictures of all of the cards along with their checklist, for them to load into their data base, and more info on their variations so people would have a clue as to which variation that they have.
Pictures? because a lot of what they release on their checklist doesn't really exist ha ha.