`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peyton Manning cards going down?

Peyton Manning cards going down?
Does Manning missing so much hurt his card value?
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

RE: Peyton Manning cards going down?
I'd say no to BV, however his current auctions may take a small dip during the season just due to everybody being more interested in purchasing the hottest player from each week. In the long run it wont affect his value though.
Sigs curtesy of KoolKellGirl and JDetter!! Thanks a ton!!

[Image: fbqueen1.jpg]

[Image: fbqueen.gif]

I have been following his rookie card (sell) values very closely recently. I also was curious how his current injury would affect his cards. However, I was surprised to see that for the graded cards or higher valued cards, auction prices have remained relatively the same (if not higher).

Possiby due to media attention?? Perhaps, the public believes now is the time to get his rookie cards "cheap" ???

On the other hand, I would be willing to guess that the 'buy it now' listed cards may not be selling as often/frequently due his his injury. Yet, recently listed 'buy it now' items have dropped a little lower than their typically asking price listings.

Also, I am willing to bet that sellers are willing to accept lower "best offers" than they typically would have if the injury never occurred.

My two take-aways if looking to buy would be:
1) At least for the next month, I highly doubt that auction prices will drop any (possibly could go even higher -- approximately 5%)
2) try a few 'reasonable' yet lower than normal 'best offers' for "BIN/OBO" listings
3) look for deals only newly listed 'BIN' listings

I don't think his card values will go down. I think the only thing that will go down is the availability of his cards, for the time he is out. Most people who have some to sell are going to realize that this is not the time to sell for a good return. A day or two after his return (providing that he plays well/decent) is when the sellers will show up again, but the price will probably be slightly higher than usual. Unless he misses the whole season, his BV's will not go down. 2011 cards may be cheaper to get though.

yea Peyton cards will not go down....put him at whatever number you want but on any list he is atleast a top 4-5 QB all time....even if he never plays another snap it wouldnt have much effect on his prices

I don't think someone that well established will drop much. It's not like the dude has anything to prove.

(09-14-2011, 01:31 AM)ejnfl24 Wrote: I don't think someone that well established will drop much. It's not like the dude has anything to prove.
I have over 500 Manning cards not counting dupes....I sure hope they dont go down lol

(09-14-2011, 01:48 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: I have over 500 Manning cards not counting dupes....I sure hope they dont go down lol
I only have one (well, one auto). But I'd never get rid of it anyway. I think it's already too low valued to part with. lmao

I think Manning is a fluke. He has only had 13 good years? Just wait!

/sarcasm off

Yeah Peyton Manning values will be just fine. He's already a guaranteed LOCK if there ever was one for a first ballot HOF vote! Plus most of high high end stuff will always be HEAVILY chased because of all the fans/collectors he has!