`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Football Question

Fantasy Football Question
I do not come to the football boards much but had a Fantasy Football question and I figured you guys would be able to give me some insight. I am doing Fantasy Football through ESPN. Before I ask my question, here is some insight on my team. I have Brady, McCoy, Mendenhall, Mike Williams (TB), Brandon Marshall, Antonio Gates, Steelers D, and Kaeding as a kicker (my main starters).

I cannot decide who to start at my flex rb/wr position. I am debating between Fred Jackson and Deon Branch. I am leaning towards Jackson as he will get more touches than Branch. I am curious on your thoughts though. Who would you start?

Projections: Although I know not to follow the projections religiously, here they are.

Jackson - 7 points
Branch - 10 points

My thoughts:
Fred Jackson is the #1 back for Buffalo but their offense is sometimes hit or miss. He will probably get at least 10-15 carries (possibly 2-3 receptions) but Spiller may steal some of his action. Jackson isn't a dynamite back, but had a couple good games last year. Last year against the Chiefs (who they play) he had 64 yards rushing and 11 yards receiving.

Branch may not be considered the 3rd option behind Ocho and Welker. I read an article that said he didnt get a catch in the last two preseason games (although it is preseason) and that the team "Will eventually unfold and we will start opening certain things, and Ill get the ball."

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: Fantasy Football Question
Personally I'd start Jackson as I'm not a fan of using WR's in the flex spot.. With RB's you're guarenteed points, WR is more hit or miss.. Hope this helps and best of luck!

(09-07-2011, 09:12 AM)krayzie83 Wrote: Personally I'd start Jackson as I'm not a fan of using WR's in the flex spot.. With RB's you're guarenteed points, WR is more hit or miss.. Hope this helps and best of luck!
Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking. Although he isnt a huge back, he should get me at least 4-5 points. I asked mainly to see if there was any insight I was missing. With WR's if they aren't targeted you loose out on a lot of points. Just checking to see if there was any info on either player that may make them a better start than the other.

(09-07-2011, 02:03 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking. Although he isnt a huge back, he should get me at least 4-5 points. I asked mainly to see if there was any insight I was missing. With WR's if they aren't targeted you loose out on a lot of points. Just checking to see if there was any info on either player that may make them a better start than the other.
check out www.fantasyfootballreporters.com for any sit start questions. free weekly contest giveaway this week it is a Jamaal Charles rookie.

(09-07-2011, 04:26 PM)gropas Wrote: check out www.fantasyfootballreporters.com for any sit start questions. free weekly contest giveaway this week it is a Jamaal Charles rookie.
I looked on the website but couldnt find that ineformation. Where do you find it?