Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Ginter Code - No Puzzle? Argh!
Smile 
2011 Ginter Code - No Puzzle? Argh!
Just feel I needed to post something about feeling misled and thinking I was on to something which apparently is now just a coincidence. After spending many hours gathering and putting the pieces of the patterns together, I tried to figure out the Codemasters poems- http://twitter.com/#!/TheGinterCode - using the puzzle.

At the first point of Aries do you stand now - After trying a number of things, the first Point of Aries is on March 20th - 3/20. Looking at the puzzle, #320 Jon Lester is in the bottom row near the middle which leads to the second line - The sky stretching west to east before your bow. Ok, it's all in front of me.

Your Navigational Star is directly ahead is the next line. I kept trying to fit that with Ichiro, you know Navigational Star - Mariner's star player but it didn't fit because Ichiro was elsewhere in the puzzle but not directly ahead. However, going up Lester's column was "Leo" Nunez and Torii Hunter "Orion the Hunter"! Maybe on the right track in keeping with the constellation theme! Also in the column was not one but 2 Hudsons - Tim and Daniel! Bingo! Navigational Star - Hudson (Henry!) which goes nicely with the next line - And beckons you east, so go where you're led. Henry Hudson explored areas of New York and Canada - East!

But now I had some problems wondering on what to do next. The next two lines were - Find the keys to the doors; Turn them all and our domain is yours. I was pretty sure the clocks had something to do with it. I then used the times that I had on the clocks 1:11, 1:14, 2:20, 3:14, 3:15, 4:00, 7:27, 9:42 and used the hour number to count rows up and the minutes number to count to the right (East!) on the puzzle. Doing that gave me the First Letters of the last names of the cards that were in those spots - M, D, C, B, Z, W, M, X which , of course, mean nothing.

However, if you use the substitution pattern that was needed to decipher the Mike Gellner PP2 card, the letters change to R, I, H, G, E, B, R, C. That looks like something to work with. One of the combinations is Rich Berg. I tried looking up the name but it didn't seem to have relevance. What if it wasn't a name? Rich berg - berg as in let's blow this burg, iceberg, floating alone, island! Rich island! Manhattan! And what do you know - Manhattan happens to be right along the Hudson River!

Turned the keys and found Manhattan! Typed in Keys to Manhattan and found a downloadable game by the same name! You look through Manhattan to find treasures! This must be it! I played a little of the game which is somewhat simplistic but didn't find anything that would seem appropriate. But it all seemed to fit! I was still trying to figure it out when this post comes along - If you've put the puzzle together I hope you find it a beaut, because using it to solve the Ginter Code just does not compute!

Are you kidding me!!!! All that time put in! And it doesn't even figure in to the solution! All I've got to say then is that everything I've laid out above is really a heck of a coincidence! Thanks for reading my rant. Didn't want all of this work to go by without at least putting it out there!

RE: 2011 Ginter Code - No Puzzle? Argh!
I was pretty upset as well. Now I am cofussed as to what they want me to do with the keys as I have figured them all out but I have no clue what to do with them from this point. This years code is a tough one.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

RE: 2011 Ginter Code - No Puzzle? Argh!
The Ginter Code is something I have never researched nor attempted, but seems like a really cool project and is one of the only innovative things Topps has done in recent memory. Thanks for your summation, as it gave me a peak into the process. You're a smart dude to have gotten that far, even if it was for nil
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]