`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do not deal with this ebay guy. what BS

Do not deal with this ebay guy. what BS
So I was watching this card and the bid on it was about 6 or 7 dollars with less than a day left. The seller ended the item saying it was no longer available but all of a sudden the same card is listed by the same guy but now with a starting bid of 39.99. Does anybody know if you can report that. I just think that is total BS.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260842846543?ssP...1423.l2649
SUPERCOLLECTOR OF KEN GRIFFEY JR AND MICHAEL SAUNDERS

[Image: myguys.png]

RE: Do not deal with this ebay guy. what BS
(09-05-2011, 12:05 PM)grfyfan Wrote: So I was watching this card and the bid on it was about 6 or 7 dollars with less than a day left. The seller ended the item saying it was no longer available but all of a sudden the same card is listed by the same guy but now with a starting bid of 39.99. Does anybody know if you can report that. I just think that is total BS.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260842846543?ssP...1423.l2649
I didn't know you can end listings when there is 24 hours or less on it. Pretty sure you can't.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

(09-05-2011, 12:08 PM)nuccionino Wrote: I didn't know you can end listings when there is 24 hours or less on it. Pretty sure you can't.
It might have been just over the 24 hours left window cause you are right but I know that it was close to ending.

SUPERCOLLECTOR OF KEN GRIFFEY JR AND MICHAEL SAUNDERS

[Image: myguys.png]

It is questionable, but technically it is his card and the auction was not done, so he has the right to do whatever he wants with it. I have had many auctions I was bidding on end early. Some of the sellers relisted and some, I assume, sold the card without going through Ebay. It is unfortunate, but I just move on when it happens. If it sells for $39.99, it probably would have anyway, and if it does not, he will list it lower or keep it. I hope you find another at a good price.

theres a time limit to end an auction, one that time limit ends, they cant end it

It must have been over the 24 hour limit to end it...
He is within his rights to do so, but the watchers (like you) catch it every time. He thinks he can get more...we will see..Still his right to do so..
I think Ebay will do something if it is a chronic thing or an abuse of the bidders.
Ebay is very buyer friendly..they want you to bid and buy and protect you more than the seller...

From ebay and their rules on ending auctions early.

Requirements

Your ability to end a listing early depends on the amount of time remaining in the listing and whether the listing has received any bids.

If there are 12 hours or more before the end of the listing, you can end the listing early without restrictions. If there are any bids on your item when you end the listing, you’ll be asked whether you want to cancel the bids or sell the item to the high bidder.

If there are 12 hours or less before the end of the listing, your ability to end the listing early depends on whether there are any bids on the item and whether the item has a reserve price.

I guess I don't see any reason to get bent out of shape about an auction being ended like this. If it has a $6 bid about 24 hours before the end of the auction, chances are it's not going to end around that amount. I miss the old days on ebay when sniping wasn't as prevalent. It was nice to just put in your top bid and you win or lose.

Now, I don't know how many auctions I lose to someone who in the last minute bids 20 times in $1 increments. I often wonder how many of those have ended up paying more than they want to, just because they get caught up trying to win.

I guess you can end up getting some good deals by sniping, but it seems a lot less effective when everybody is doing it.

Bottom line, until the hammer falls, the card still belongs to the seller and he/she can do as he/she wishes within Ebay rules.

Nothing to report.

Doesn't mean you have to be happy or that you should rush to bid on the new listing, but there were no rules broken.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.