`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riddle me this regarding RCs...

Riddle me this regarding RCs...
So an 86 Topps Traded Canseco and an 87 Topps Traded Greg Maddux are considered XRCs, but a 91 Topps Traded Giambi and a 92 Topps Traded Varitek are considered RCs?!? What's the distinction between a XRC and a RC, and did the distinction change at some point over the years? Thanks.

RE: Riddle me this regarding RCs...
Honestly, beckett should do away w all xrc. No one cares or goes by that any longer.

But to your quention, it's been asked a billion times over the last 25 yrs and I believe the answer goes like this:

Back in the mid 80s, traded/update sets were not as widely distributed as they were later that decade into the 90s.....yeah, I know.

RE: Riddle me this regarding RCs...
(09-05-2011, 01:37 PM)011873 Wrote: Honestly, beckett should do away w all xrc. No one cares or goes by that any longer.

But to your quention, it's been asked a billion times over the last 25 yrs and I believe the answer goes like this:

Back in the mid 80s, traded/update sets were not as widely distributed as they were later that decade into the 90s.....yeah, I know.
Thank you for that answer. I agree with you... they should do away with XRC. When I search for player's RCs, I like to come here and type their name and RC in the search box and get a result set that shows all that players RCs. For those in the 80s that have XRCs, those cards don't show, so I have to do 2 searches to get all their RCs. Yet another reason I prefer to collect older stuff... everybody had 1 RC and there were no XRCs.