`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flea Market find -1980 Topps set.

Flea Market find -1980 Topps set.
I was at the flea market today and found a stack of long boxes on a table. One of them was labled "1980 topps complete". It was marked fifty bucks. I asked the guy if he could open it so I could get a general feel for the condition. He wasn't too keen on doing it but did open it. The Henderson rookie was laying on top in a top loader. It, like rest, appears to be generally in near mint condition. At this point if even a card or two is missing I'm happy with this find since a wax box from that year costs more than fifty bucks.
Is this thing on?

RE: Flea Market find -1980 Topps set.
Sweet find. I remember when I was 10 years old (23 years ago) and I wanted that set for Christmas, specifically for the Henderson since he was my favorite player. My parents paid $135 at the time Smile
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

Very nice! 1980 was the one year I collected in my youth, along with a neighbor friend up the street. Very partial to those cards whenever someone offers me a 1980 no-name on Diamond Giveaway for one of my semi-no names I tend to take it.

Nice find. Really like the card design of that year. For some reason it is hard to find cards of that year here at home.

Nice find.I'm always checking flea markets.Sometimes you can find some sweet deals.

Great find. I hope as you go through it you will show us some sweet scans!
~The resident mafia guy~

I've got it loaded into pages today, some of the cards were beat up once I went through it and four cards ended up missing. However it appears the biggest missing card is Tom Server so it won't be hard to.fill in. There were four cards with Doubles.
Is this thing on?

I have been wanting to get that Henderson for a while. Just made a trade today and got a PSA 7. I'm pretty happy w/ it.
Currently Collecting:
Baseball HOFers: Autos, Vintage and Rookies
Dallas Cowboys: Autos and Vintage