`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retail and Topps rant :-/

RE: Retail rant :-/
(08-31-2011, 05:28 PM)shaunbaus Wrote: Yea now finish reading the post where he says he knows they were shipped that way. The store is somewhat at fault to though. For accepting a damaged product and still preceeding to sell it. What other person agrees with you? The person that put +1 point for you? Congratulations!!! You get a point when you don't even know what your talking about... Who wouldn't be in some way mad or irritated by this? You are a fool...
It's pretty much impossible for a store to tell if the cards are damaged. The only way they could is if they opened the box and packs themselves. It's not the stores fault for accepting the product.
I collect any Derek Jeter and 2010 Allen and Ginter relic cards.

RE: Retail rant :-/
(08-31-2011, 07:46 PM)chaseman210 Wrote: It's pretty much impossible for a store to tell if the cards are damaged. The only way they could is if they opened the box and packs themselves. It's not the stores fault for accepting the product.
+1 That one is for you and your wonderful attitude shaunbaus. To the OP, it sucks you got damaged cards but I am sure if you bring them back to the store they would be more than happy to let you exchange them

RE: Retail and Topps rant :-/
I get that chaseman... But that doesn't change the fact that he should be able to take the box back to the store and exchange it for a similar product or get his money back, regardless of whatever attitude he may have which who wouldn't be frustrated over that and regardless of whether its the stores fault or not. The store accepts responsibility for the product once its in their possession, if theres an issue the store can deal with it and it can get there money back from Topps for the damaged product or do what ever it is they do to handle it with Topps to resolve the issue of Topps sending out damaged products.
Sorry if my attitudes poor or anything but I don't see why people feel the need to take issue with the original poster and I don't see why he has to defend his actions and what not to these people. Especially when they don't even completely understand or comprehend what he initially said. Hope you gave the store hell in a sense that hopefully the store would give Topps hell. I imagine a lot of consumers give Topps hell and it seems like nothing is done, maybe if big bad Wal-Mart got involved maybe they'd put Topps in line. lol...

Funny end to the story. I knew the store manager. I know the district manager. I worked for them for 5 years when we all worked for a different company. Long story short, all is well in the state of Denmark. They made a swap for me, and they do get to file a claim with Topps. It is interesting that the other Wal-Marts and Targets I have ever shopped at have their cards out all in plain view and I never had a problem ( other than finding open packs) , and the one Wal-Mart in town that has their cards behind the cigarette counter away from public view, I get damaged goods....which is an oxymoron in itself? LOL!

If you can't disagree like grownups without calling each other playground names, I'm going to close the thread. Seriously...

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.