Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thurman Munson...

RE: Thurman Munson...
Zeprock,

Whoa, man. Thanks for those kind words. I'd love to do a set for those guys. My agent has approached them once before, but I don't think anything came of it. But sometime in the future, who knows?

Thanks again!

Graig

Well - I changed my mind. After checking out your site - my 2 new favorites are Gehrig sitting on the dugout steps and the first pitch from the 56 Larsen perfect game. The 56 one literally felt like you could step into it!! Wow.
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

Wow, that Teddy Ballgame is wonderful. What are your plans for that??

[quote='GKreindler' pid='1690027' dateline='1314757410']

Anywho, certainly ANY information you can provide is greatly appreciated. Here are some examples of my work to give you an idea of what I do.

First off, that is amazing work you do & would be wild to have an insert set of players included in Topps packs.
As for the photographer Michael Grossbardt took that picture which was used by Topps. The following is a reply on a website (link below).
------------------------------------------
Dear The Monument,
Me, too. Lelands or a different auction house auctioned a number of negatives &/or photos a few months ago, if I remember correctly. If you remember the 1971 topps baseball card of Thurman Munson where he was blocking the plate with an opposing ballplayer sliding into him, Michael told me he shot that photo. Hope this helps.

That was the first baseball card I saw when I opened my first pack in the 1971 set. It's funny, some of the memories you have.

I don't have any of Mr. Grossbardt's photos. I just put his request on Baseball Fever. My Yankee Stadium renovation book is so much more complete and so much better because of the input of you wonderful folks. I know if any help would reach Michael Grossbardt, it would be from here. By the way, I'm still searching for a publisher for my book.

http://www.baseball-fever.com/archive/in...87693.html
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

hellsbells, thank you so much! I actually miss working on that Larsen painting, as it was really a lot of fun with the play of light and all. I hope I get to do another painting from that day soon...

bosoxfan1971, I'm glad you like the Teddy painting! It was actually sold a few years ago to a collector in Hong Kong. I'm not sure whether he has it in his home or in his office, though. Thankfully, I still have plenty of great shots of Williams that I'd love to paint - certainly more than I can probably even do!

krn001, you are the man. Thank you SO much for sending that link along. I'm actually on baseball-fever a lot, so I'm surprised I missed that thread. But now that I have a name, it'll be much easier to track down a copy of that shot. And really, if Michael was the official Yankee photographer of that period, I can only dream about what he has in his archives...

Hey guys,

Don't know if any of you would be interested, but I finally got this video posted up on Youtube, so I thought I'd share it. So, if you have 7 and a half minutes to spare, check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOoN6e3MjAU

Thanks again for everybody's help in this thread.

Graig

This would be a nice one to do. Satch in a Yankees uniform.

[Image: Satch-1.jpg]
[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]

(09-07-2011, 10:16 AM)rare unreleased Wrote: This would be a nice one to do. Satch in a Yankees uniform.

[Image: Satch-1.jpg]
Graig,

I agree the Satch would be awesome - especially if you made it come "alive" with the background colors (scoreboard, stands, ads, etc.)

Video was cool - best thing is the scenery in these makes me nostalgic for a time that I didn't live in - if that is possible.

P.S. great read if you haven't already ... "If I Never Get Back" by Daryl Brock - 1869 Red Stockings story - have you done any from that period?

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

Simply Amazing Work.

Very nice work, I just wanted to post that I have this card (autographed) if anyone would be interested in possibly purchasing it, get back to me...

J