`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bored, come on in and read this fun convo I had today

Bored, come on in and read this fun convo I had today
So I had a long and lengty talk with an ol friend about cards, we both collect and all. Well trying to explain him my PC's felt like calculus to him.

Major PC's
Tomas Tatar, Tobias Enstrom, Niklas Kronwall
This means that I will try and get every card in any act, trade or buy, and search as many places as I can.

Semi major PC's
Alexander Burmistrov, Zach Bogosian, Boris Valabik
I will try and get every card through trade, and buy when the major PC gets a little slow.

Minor PC's
Fabian Brunnstrom, Luca Sbisa, Lanny McDonald
I will try and get every card through trade, and only buy really great deals, or high-end stuff (The Cup, UM, etc)

And basically, anything not major can always be moved for major stuff, something I expect to be doing with Tatar The Cup items.

Minor PC
And this brings me to this. Does anyone else do this? I know of some people who hoard PC cards, only to move then for other PC cards, and keep at least 1. Some just don't move PC for PC. But here is my take. If you move easy to find stuff from your PC for NPDTS stuff, or high-end stuff, it makes sense. I don't plan on going crazy for Tatar high-end stuff yet, I'll wait till the hype dies down of The Cup/Dominon. But if his 1/1's show up soon, I already have a plan to move $300 worth of PC cards, and some are my Enstrom's, but here is why, they are easily retainable. Makes no sense to move hard to find stuff, just because I may never see it again. But common rookies, of course! Plus, it is only a few cards. Whereas my friend has move entire PC's, including the low-end stuff, to do the same thing. Well moving 100 cards at $.50 a piece does me no good, where I can move 3 cards and get $75. Keeps my "stats" high, and I can retain them whenever. So my advice to you player collectors. If you have a whale and you just can't afford it. Move your big name, easy to retain PC stuff, get that whale, and retain that PC stuff anyday. You collect Eberle and you want his Ultimate Patch Auto /25? Well move his SP Authentic, Contenders, SPX, Limited, 3 YG's, and a couple bucks and there you are. I will promise that you will see those 5 cards at almost any moment, to get back. Just some friendly advice, to people who seem to be sad when the card of their dreams gets away, when it may not. Alright, I'm done Smile
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

RE: Bored, come on in and read this fun convo I had today
Makes total sense to me, very similar to what I do now. I lurk for the harder to get stuff, I don't know how many times I've balked at higher priced stuff that will be next to impossible to replace, only to in my remorse buy like 5 $15-$20 cards which are for sale every day, when I could have had the one whale, and picked up the other stuff as I went along in between whale sightings. Had to put a strict weekly $$ limit on myself too or else I get carried away. Especially on Friday or Saturday nights after a case of wobblers!

Anyway, sound advice in my books!

Collecting Kirk McLean - Todd Bertuzzi - Scott Stevens
[Image: bbbert.png]

(08-30-2011, 11:04 PM)bigbadbert44 Wrote: Makes total sense to me, very similar to what I do now. I lurk for the harder to get stuff, I don't know how many times I've balked at higher priced stuff that will be next to impossible to replace, only to in my remorse buy like 5 $15-$20 cards which are for sale every day, when I could have had the one whale, and picked up the other stuff as I went along in between whale sightings. Had to put a strict weekly $$ limit on myself too or else I get carried away. Especially on Friday or Saturday nights after a case of wobblers!

Anyway, sound advice in my books!
I try to keep a certain amount every week, but I buy so many cards at 2+3 shipping and it adds up. It's a lot more rewarding to trade for PC. And try to buy the harder to find stuff
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun

Makes sense. I contemplated doing that with my high end Sid cards after I saw your comment on my thread for the JVR 1/1. I might if the Giroux shield comes up. Only thing about 1/1's is that there are usually a few each year so the design you want might be hard to get (i.e. an Ultimate Shield or Certified Black) but if you're not that picky, a 1/1 is not a terribly hard find.
Collecting:

Claude Giroux, Sidney Crosby, Eric Tangradi, Flyers

Also collecting cards and memorabilia of Taylor Swift

http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/NickTheKid87/

Twitter: @NickTheKid87

(08-30-2011, 11:30 PM)nickthekid87 Wrote: Makes sense. I contemplated doing that with my high end Sid cards after I saw your comment on my thread for the JVR 1/1. I might if the Giroux shield comes up. Only thing about 1/1's is that there are usually a few each year so the design you want might be hard to get (i.e. an Ultimate Shield or Certified Black) but if you're not that picky, a 1/1 is not a terribly hard find.
It just depends on what you like. For me, the Tatar The Cup 1/1 is my whale, and if I don't have the funds for it, ill sell my good, yet retainable PC cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun

(08-30-2011, 11:13 PM)nuccionino Wrote: I try to keep a certain amount every week, but I buy so many cards at 2+3 shipping and it adds up. It's a lot more rewarding to trade for PC. And try to buy the harder to find stuff
I hear ya, I really liked doing the trading, but just don't have the time to do it all anymore. I have a huge love for ripping wax though, so from I'll rip, and then move it all for Canucks stuff.

It's crazy how fast stuff can add up!

Collecting Kirk McLean - Todd Bertuzzi - Scott Stevens
[Image: bbbert.png]

I get doubles in pc cards normally by mistake

like bidding on 2 different copies of the cards at once and winning both, or doing 2 trades at once and forgetting i am already getting that card already

those i will be willing to move... as i try not to hoard
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

I've hoarded accidentally. I bought two lots of Roy cards and now I have 20-30 of like 3 different cards lol. Other than that I have 1-4 of most the other cards. I have all of the PC cards in heavy top loaders in my main bin of cards and the duplicates in penny sleeves stored away in a box waiting for trade lol
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054