`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do with your PC cards?

RE: What do you do with your PC cards?
I keep mine all in binders, because frankly, I like to flip through the pages from time to time and look at the cards.

I guess my advice would be based on what you ultimately plan to do with your PC and what it is composed of. If it's made of super high-end cards of HOF'ers (for example) - and someday you plan to sell it to pay your kids' college education (don't we wish!), then I'd probably take a little more care in storage in one-touch or toploaders etc.

Since my main PCs are of Mark Prior and Kerry Wood (which even IF I ever planned on selling them may be only worth enough to take my wife out to a nice dinner sometime), and I don't generally get cards with BVs in excess of 30-50 bucks, I find that the enjoyment I get being able to flip through the binder pages and view all the cards to be more valuable than the chance of a card getting nicked or slightly damaged.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(08-30-2011, 09:01 AM)JASCards Wrote: I get them at my LCS...they are more or less three point stands(think framed picture stand) with a high back....they are designed to be able to hold the cards verticaly or horizontle.....I will try to get a picture after work....I like em!
nice, thank you
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

I put all PC cards in top loaders, from $.05 cards up to $49.99 cards. If it is $50BV or higher it gets a one touch. If it is a NA book value and I paid $30 or more for it, or if it is /5 or less it gets a one touch.

Also I have scanned all of my PC cards, that gives me the ability to 'flip' through to view them, but don't have to put them in binders, and don't have to scratch up the top loaders flipping through them.

Question to those who store their cards in a penny sleeve, top loader, and team bag... how do you store them? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't fit in one of those two-row boxes if they're team bagged. So how do you store them?

I keep all of 1000+ Canseco cards in snap-tites and in 5000 ct. boxes.

(08-30-2011, 08:41 PM)markmulder20 Wrote: Question to those who store their cards in a penny sleeve, top loader, and team bag... how do you store them? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't fit in one of those two-row boxes if they're team bagged. So how do you store them?
They fit perfectly in those boxes. The team bag is just plastic and it keeps cards from falling when you pull out a card. I get those 2 row cardboard shoeboxes with the top on them.
[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]

Unless they are in sets I put all my more valuable ones in toploaders and some cases. I have just about completed my die cut set (BV over $2.5K) and placed all of those in a binder including the black diamonds. I probably should put those in a better holder but not really sure what.

I have one of all my different Griffey's in topladers in 3 of the 3 row boxes, and then I have all my doubles in penny sleeves in another box. I did the same for all my Felix Hernandez, Michael Saunders, Jay Buhner, Dan Wilson, Jaime Moyer, and Edgar Martinez and am going to be doing that with my Ichiro's next. I do have some jersey and auto and serial numbered cards displayed in a display case I have but most cards are in Toploaders in boxes.
SUPERCOLLECTOR OF KEN GRIFFEY JR AND MICHAEL SAUNDERS

[Image: myguys.png]