`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMPORTANT - Trading etiquette question

IMPORTANT - Trading etiquette question
Hi - what is the standard for when 2 people have trades requesting the same card?

Is it who initiates first, or who "accepts" and completes the trade first.

Do I let them know - that someone else is waiting on the card in case they are going to change their mind.

Also, how long do I wait for a response to Counter-offer before I accept the 2nd persons offer?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

RE: IMPORTANT - Trading etiquette question
If i'm trying to trade a specific card and I get say 5 trade offers for it, I go by order of trade initiated. If the first trade does not work I go to the next and so on. This is if i don't see anything for my card or we can't work a trade out.

If say I have multiple offers for my card and all are offers i am interested in, then I go for the offer that I like the most regardless of trade initiated.

I don't know....does that make sense??? Smile
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

I try to give the first guy the first shot. However, one can't be expected to wait for days either. If 2 offers come in and both are good, then just say "hey another is interested as well." If the cards already in a solid deal you think you will close then just say "hey that's pending and I can check you if it falls through." This is what I do. Again, if a deal is pending and it sits a few days then don't feel bad moving on.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

In the past I would stick to the order received but times and this forum have changed a lot. Have been here many years and kinda know what to watch out for and those to avoid.

I avoid people with a high Nuisance factor and Time Wasters and they either get droped from the list or moved way down depending on my rating. My list looks like this:

1) Bad Traders
2) People trying to work around the system
3) Those who post in every thread with "Check Me" or CMO
4) Ones I have traded with in the past that were not so good
5) People with ATTITUDE, this generally ends up being a case of their cards being worth more than anyone elses, even if its the same card
6) GP!

Once this is done, I make the best trade possible

Hope this helps some...Mel
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel

In general - order of trade coming in (first come first serve).

However, I collect several players - 12 in total. But there of those 12, I have a bit of a hierarchy. For example, Prior, Wood and Warner are always going to be my top 3. So if one person is offering me a Prior that I need and another person is offering me an equivalent Sosa (another of my players, but lower in my 'hierarchy'), I'll probably take the Prior, regardless of who sent first offer.

Until a trade is accepted, they are your cards to trade as you wish. I wouldn't say that you owe any one trader preference over another, but it helps to have a system in place for your own sanity.

As far as open offers - if it's an offer I sent, if I don't hear anything back within about 3 days I cancel it. If I can see they're working on adding a few cards, or they've left a comment or something, I usually give a few more days.

When I get offers, depending on how busy I am at work and at home, I may not be able to respond right away, but I try to at least leave a comment within 48 hours to let the other person know that I got their offer and give them an idea of when I will be able to respond.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(08-30-2011, 09:25 AM)ceocards Wrote: In general - order of trade coming in (first come first serve).

However, I collect several players - 12 in total. But there of those 12, I have a bit of a hierarchy. For example, Prior, Wood and Warner are always going to be my top 3. So if one person is offering me a Prior that I need and another person is offering me an equivalent Sosa (another of my players, but lower in my 'hierarchy'), I'll probably take the Prior, regardless of who sent first offer.

Until a trade is accepted, they are your cards to trade as you wish. I wouldn't say that you owe any one trader preference over another, but it helps to have a system in place for your own sanity.

As far as open offers - if it's an offer I sent, if I don't hear anything back within about 3 days I cancel it. If I can see they're working on adding a few cards, or they've left a comment or something, I usually give a few more days.

When I get offers, depending on how busy I am at work and at home, I may not be able to respond right away, but I try to at least leave a comment within 48 hours to let the other person know that I got their offer and give them an idea of when I will be able to respond.
I agree with CEO on this one. Example if the first trade offer is reasonable but the trade offer is for cards that you are not really looking for but could maybe flip, and the second offer is for cards you really want to add to your PC. Why would you take the first offer? When you could get the cards that you want by accepting the second offer. You are not bound or obligated to any trade offer until you accept, and I believe it is like anything else in life you always go with the best offer.

(08-30-2011, 09:37 AM)dkotart Wrote: I agree with CEO on this one. Example if the first trade offer is reasonable but the trade offer is for cards that you are not really looking for but could maybe flip, and the second offer is for cards you really want to add to your PC. Why would you take the first offer? When you could get the cards that you want by accepting the second offer. You are not bound or obligated to any trade offer until you accept, and I believe it is like anything else in life you always go with the best offer.
That's basically what I was trying to say!

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

I agree with CEO too. I always use first come first serve. I wouldn't expect anything differnt even if I was the seconf or 10th trader wanting the card.

Always let the other party know so he felt like you ignored him/her.

Main thing is treat others the way you want to be treated
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]