`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baseball cards question

Baseball cards question
Just wondering how you all started getting into baseball cards. Did you collect with your father. or did you just love the baseball. For some reason i just want to open a full box every day to bad i dont have the money. haha
Also wondering how it is that you guys raise money for new boxes.

RE: Baseball cards question
I started when I was 14. I had just moved from Boston to a small town in Connecticut so I didn't know anyone and had a lot of free time on my hands. My mother suggested a hobby so she bought me a baseball card starter kit from Toys-R-Us and the rest is history.
[Image: Boston.jpg]

I got a few cards here and there when I was little but never really collected seriously. Then this year before spring training I saw a video on ESPN of a guy opening some 2011 Topps and that gave me the bug to start collecting. I love it so far and whenever I've got spare money I'll usually buy a blaster or save it for a box. Lately I've been buying singles on eBay though.
[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index

I had a Kellogg's 3-D card of Willie McCovey fall out of my Corn Flakes box into my cereal bowl back in the summer of 1970. I was fascinated with it and showed it off to my friends. My cousin showed me some Topps cards and I've been collecting them non-stop ever since.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

last year my dad passed away and had tons of cards some he bought some i would find on my trash route and give him.my brother did not want nothing to do with them so i took them.now i cant stop collecting them.
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

My grandfather was huge baseball fan & as a kid in 1979 he bought me some card packs...he and I went to flea markets, grocery stores, and different places getting cards...still some of my best childhood memories and will forever be a bond to remember my grandpa by

I started in collecting in 87'. It was a neighbor that got everybody in the block collecting card. I haven't stopped since.

I started when I was about 10. Baseball has been my favorite sport in which my grandmother got me into when I was 5. But, my dad bought me my very first card, a pudge rookie from a card shop that he completely over paid for,lol, but I still have the card to this day and every time I look at it, I think about when I first started collecting.