`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are 1/1's worth grading?

Are 1/1's worth grading?
As most of you know i got my first 1/1 a few days ago. Here it is in case you missed it:

[Image: felix1of1.jpg]

I have read somewhere(not sure if this is true yet)that 1/1's are not currently and/or will also not be BV'd in the future. So this makes me at a stand still on whether or not to get this card graded and registered when in fact there is no BV even though a high graded card is suppose to raise the BV. What happens then if there is no BV?

So like the title says, are 1/1's worth grading?

Mods if any of this is against terms, please edit. Thanks.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

RE: Are 1/1's worth grading?
It really doesn't increase value...unless its a perfect card... it can hurt value at times.... The majority of collectors do not care for graded cards... so if you do get it graded, you alienate collectors if you try to resell.... but if you want to keep it forever, the BGS holder is the best way to preserve a card... you just won't be able to hold it again...
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(08-28-2011, 08:28 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: It really doesn't increase value...unless its a perfect card... it can hurt value at times.... The majority of collectors do not care for graded cards... so if you do get it graded, you alienate collectors if you try to resell.... but if you want to keep it forever, the BGS holder is the best way to preserve a card... you just won't be able to hold it again...
Actually you should try checking the opg a gem mint graded card has a greatly increased value and gem mint is not perfect. A card graded pristine would be considered perfect, also a card graded mint has a higher bv than a raw card as most raw cards are considered near mint. As far as most collectors not liking graded cards speak for yourself on that one there are a ton of collectors here on these forums and on others who love graded cards for a few reasons.

1 they know the card they are getting is authentic and not altered in any way
2 they know the true condition of the card
3 the card is encased and protected
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

It will increase the value if it comes back gold. But what is the value? That's the real question. I try to look at the same card in a 1/5 or 1/10 and see what that card is valued at. I check completed sales to see what the same card with a different player sold for. Research like that will give you a good idea what the card is really worth. The gold label just adds to it. Collectors that don't like graded cards will crack it, but they still like to know what they are buying and they will pay more for a 9.5 or a 10. I think the 1/1 is a must unless when you look at the card, you know right off the bat, that it won't grade well. Then skip it. As the gold will help, a 9 won't really help, means it an average card in most eyes, and an 8.5 or lower will hurt it for sure. You gotta be able to pre-grade the card yourself with a decent amount of accuracy.
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

I grade or authenticate the majority (all eventually) of my pc 1/1's for the preservation and peace of mind alone. I believe I have around 20 in the cases as of now with more to submit. Can't go wrong with the best case on the market and the peace of mind knowing exactly what you have and that'll it'll stay in that condition for the long haul. Best of luck in whatever you decide and again gorgeous card!

(08-28-2011, 08:38 AM)biglump007 Wrote: Actually you should try checking the opg a gem mint graded card has a greatly increased value and gem mint is not perfect. A card graded pristine would be considered perfect, also a card graded mint has a higher bv than a raw card as most raw cards are considered near mint. As far as most collectors not liking graded cards speak for yourself on that one there are a ton of collectors here on these forums and on others who love graded cards for a few reasons.

1 they know the card they are getting is authentic and not altered in any way
2 they know the true condition of the card
3 the card is encased and protected
He's talking about a 1/1... my statement addressed his questions on a 1/1... Unless the card is perfect... which is Gem mint or Pristine depending on the grading service... it will not increase value... Many times, it will decrease value because the average collector does not care for the holder and has a fear of breaking the card out... if its mint, there are TONS of big time collectors who would actually bid less because the card is not gem mint/pristine... Remember, the forums online are only a tenth or less of the collecting community, and many inside and outside have expressed a negative view on graded cards that I told the OP.

Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

to add value, no
to protect them for the long run, yes

Its a tough choice with some very good valid points here. From just looking at the scans it sure seems like a great centered, clean card, no corner dings that are noticeable. Gotta have it in hand before i know things like surface condition and scratches etc, but im no professional at that kinda thing.

I do know i plan to keep it as long as felix can continue to perform on the level he has since late last year when he finally started getting a decent look about the time garrett took over. So for me its a keeper till the end of the season. If he does what i think he can do, then yes i absolutely want the best authenticity/grading that beckett has to offer.

here is what im thinking and see if you guys think it sounds good. Im send it in to get authenticated for peace of mind for myself and any potential down the road buyers/traders(im guessing it should cost around 50 bucks or so?), and to make sure some accidental thing doesnt happen, like with my falcon farve rookie and coffee many years back(gawd that still kills my butt).

If it comes back with a 9 or less im get me a set of craft tools and very carefully break it open myself and just seal it in a Protech slab and go from there.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

$7 with our September Group Submission!
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

If you think you can get a 9.5 with a 10 auto it will always help the value. 9s don't hurt but don't help and anything below will only hurt. But 9.5s and up absolutely help sell value.
I collect BAYLOR MEMORABILIA and SPORTS CARDS. Also RC QB autos and Redskins. My Album: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Sensei322