`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tired of damaged cards

Tired of damaged cards
I just posted a break of 2011 Inception yesterday. While looking at other breaks of the same, I noticed that many people received damaged cards. I was so excited to pull a Gabbert auto #/25 that I really didn't inspect mine. After reading posts about Inception, I went back and looked at it. Yep, chipping on the bottom and corners were not very sharp. I feel that with all of the rush to get products out, companies are not paying much attention to quality, I think that all of the thick stock cards are more easily damaged in the cutting process or the photo layer is just cheap. I have seen many of my beckett friends who pull an incredible card only to be disappointed with damage. As much as we are paying for these products, we should at least get sharp, clean, undamaged cards, even if we don't pull a gem. I have to point out that I have never pulled a damaged card from Press Pass. I'm sure there are some who do, but it's rare from what I've seen. Kudos to PP for paying attention to quality, even though they don't put out NFL licensed products or $400 packs. I think they are the best company out there right now. Wish the "big boys" would take a lesson. Just my thoughts.

RE: Tired of damaged cards
I agree 100%, it always seems like the high end products have the most damage, makes no sense to me?

(08-18-2011, 11:43 AM)bostonsports1 Wrote: I agree 100%, it always seems like the high end products have the most damage, makes no sense to me?
That's because all the card companies seem to care about is taking your money... hardly any of them these days care about 'QUALITY" QUANTITY is their idea...and to spend $400 on a pack of damaged and dinged cards is absolutely ridiculous... you should get FLAWLESS cards for any high priced packs imho...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(08-18-2011, 12:21 PM)superynaldo Wrote: That's because all the card companies seem to care about is taking your money... hardly any of them these days care about 'QUALITY" QUANTITY is their idea...and to spend $400 on a pack of damaged and dinged cards is absolutely ridiculous... you should get FLAWLESS cards for any high priced packs imho...
Exactly, just really poor from a business standpoint. It would be like buying a top of the line car and when you look inside all the leather is scratched up, sure the card still runs great and all, but the inside is torn up.

Topps products specifically in 2011 have been killing me with damaged cards. I love topps but geez, gonna have to move on if their quality keeps lacking
[Image: georgerm.png]

I am out of reasons to waste money on packs... Singles only for me...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

I agree completely with this. But nothing will ever happen unless people quit buying the crap and send a message to the companies. But then they will say " if you want on card autos, then their probably going to get some damage." So then they will go back to sticker autos and collectors get screwed again. But Inception is complete garbage with all the damage in there and Sweet Spot cards are all screwed up too. Looks like another Upper Deck thing to me. Prestige, Elite, and R&S turned out nice.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/