`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In person autographs

RE: In person autographs
(08-18-2011, 01:40 PM)insidethevines Wrote: black sharpie IMO dosent look as nice as blue, and after a little while, like philliesguy said, it tends to turn yellow after a few years.
I go to at leas 5 ball games a month to get autos. this is what i do.
Balls: I use OMLB and get the sweet spot signed with a blue pen (not sharpie)
photos: I use a blue sharpie
Cards: if they are glossy cards, i rub baby powder on them, and then use a blue sharpie
bats: if black, use a silver sharpie paint pen, or deco. if its blonde, use a blue sharpie.

hope this helps, ive been doing IP autos for over 5 years and have over 500 signed things.
the most important thing is to use an Official Major League Baseball. they cost about 12 a piece.
thanks
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

thanks for all of the input guys. need to pick up a few things. where can I get official major league baseballs?
Collecting TCU Alums: LaDanian Tomlinson, Andy Dalton, Jeremy Kerley etc.
Looking for Mike Schmidt Pre-1980's, Auto, GU, and GU/Autos

I use a pen myself. I think it looks nicer then a sharpie does. I always keep a scratch piece of paper in my pocket so I can keep the pen ready.

Like the other guys said, always official MLB ball on the SWEET SPOT!

Good Luck!
[Image: YhZT2.png]

DO NOT TRADE: Richard Albers

(08-18-2011, 07:06 PM)swindlehurst Wrote: thanks for all of the input guys. need to pick up a few things. where can I get official major league baseballs?
Try your local sporting goods store. I got a bunch of lightly used spring training balls pretty cheap. They weren't new, but still hardly used.
[Image: vitterswest.jpg]

Wants: JOSH VITTERS, Matt Davidson, Peyton Manning, and Cubs.

uhm, they sell OMLB at target for about 15 (they come with a case) and if you call a LCS they might have some! LCS around me carry 2 boxes at all times.
collecting Cheslor Cuthbert.
I can 50/50 midwest league autos.
[Image: chesbatting-2-1.jpg]

I don't know if you've got an Academy Sports and Outdoors near you but they sell the OMLB for $12 with the case there.
[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index

Was a great game to go to. My kid goes to spanish school and we were in the left field seats for the yankees batting practice. Ivan Nova was chilling nearby. My boy starting talking to him in spanish and I could he was surprised. I snagged a ball hit down the line and tried to get him to sign but batting practice was over. The game was good. Pounded AJ Burnett. Afterwards was awesome. Met Gardenhire, Valencia, Thome, Kubel, Revere, Cuddyer and Morneau. Balls signed by Thome (who seemed a little put off but put on a smile for my boy), Kubel and Morneau. 2011 A&G signed by Valencia and Cuddyer. Also ran into Texiera but he was salty from the loss.
Collecting TCU Alums: LaDanian Tomlinson, Andy Dalton, Jeremy Kerley etc.
Looking for Mike Schmidt Pre-1980's, Auto, GU, and GU/Autos

Some ballparks sell them too, but I think you'd be better off getting there somewhere cheaper
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)