`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obscure player PC's

RE: Obscure player PC's
^^^ Only one ive heard of is Mark Spitz (Famous olympic swimmer) and Evan Crawford, former Giants prospect, was traded to the Cubs last year for Mike Fontenot lol
[Image: giantssig1.jpg]

I collect Brandon Belt, Pablo Sandoval, Matt Cain and Gary Brown!

(08-17-2011, 01:09 PM)lridgey Wrote: ^^^ Only one ive heard of is Mark Spitz (Famous olympic swimmer) and Evan Crawford, former Giants prospect, was traded to the Cubs last year for Mike Fontenot lol
You are correct on those two. If you were watching baseball in the 90s some might remember Morandini (unassisted triple play) and Phillies fans will def. remember him. Same with Orie (only the Cubs fans will remember him and the Santo references).

Kluszewski was a dominant player in the 50's and was the Reds hitting coach during the "Big Red Machine" years. He also has an iconic card in the 1957 Topps set.

Everyone else you really shouldn't have heard of. Although I'm really hoping that Phegley gets a cup of coffee for the White Sox this September. Crawford has been playing well in A ball. I really believe that Dickerson will be a Jim Thome type player. Arnett and Bashore are both struggling in low A/Rookie ball, but their Ks/9 inn. look really good.

Anyway cool thread as I always enjoy seeing the obscure collections over the huge name guys (although there is nothing wrong with that either).

(08-16-2011, 08:13 PM)beatles guy Wrote: I have a decent Willie McGee collection going.
Me too. But only for his Cardinals years. I also have a pretty good collection of Ray Lankford.

Other than Kila whom it seems very few collect. I also do a little Buck O'neil.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(08-17-2011, 01:29 PM)iujapander Wrote: You are correct on those two. If you were watching baseball in the 90s some might remember Morandini (unassisted triple play) and Phillies fans will def. remember him. Same with Orie (only the Cubs fans will remember him and the Santo references).

Kluszewski was a dominant player in the 50's and was the Reds hitting coach during the "Big Red Machine" years. He also has an iconic card in the 1957 Topps set.

Everyone else you really shouldn't have heard of. Although I'm really hoping that Phegley gets a cup of coffee for the White Sox this September. Crawford has been playing well in A ball. I really believe that Dickerson will be a Jim Thome type player. Arnett and Bashore are both struggling in low A/Rookie ball, but their Ks/9 inn. look really good.

Anyway cool thread as I always enjoy seeing the obscure collections over the huge name guys (although there is nothing wrong with that either).
I know who some of those guys are, but none of the last several. I have several Morandini's FT in my org. if you want to check them out.

(08-17-2011, 03:00 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: Me too. But only for his Cardinals years. I also have a pretty good collection of Ray Lankford.
Same here on the McGee Cardinals. I even wear #51 on my softball uniform Smile
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

Nice PC's guys.

Lookin at these PC's, makes me wonder if anybody out there collects the greatest BUST in the history of sports Ryan Leaf! lol

Would love to see a Ryan Leaf PC even though this is the baseball forum.

Reggie Willits and Trevor Pippin, anyone?
I collect Jackie Robinson, Dee Gordon, Daniel Nava.

For current players I do collect Michael Saunders which isn't to obscure but I still collect Ricky Jordan and am hoping to have 1 of every one of his cards ever made.
SUPERCOLLECTOR OF KEN GRIFFEY JR AND MICHAEL SAUNDERS

[Image: myguys.png]