`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
products companies should STOP making & products they should bring back

RE: products companies should STOP making & products they should bring back
I miss playoff momentum and the absolute plaque boxtoppers. Personally I'm not a huge fan of topps. I like and appreciate the need for more low end stuff like Rising rookies and Chrome, but Tribute, Prime and Supreme are huge wastes of money (aside from the base design of Prime, whcih was awesome). The should stick to Finest as their big hit.

[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

They still do some of these for hockey but I'd like them back in football. Fleer Ultra & Pinnacle/Zenith/Summit. Ultra with Lucky 13, TD Kings, Award Winners etc. Team Pinnacle cards were always great with the double sided foil technology. These days you can have them in auto & relic variations! Zenith was pretty much a fancier Pinnacle but it was still cool. Summit were just sharp, thick stock, nice cards. You could make that a neat high end product.

As for what I don't like, Prestige is boring. I know it's tradition that it's the first official NFL cards every year but it's gotten flat. The other Panini staples may need to be scrapped too. Prestige, R&S, Gear could legitimately be put together into one. Take the best inserts from the 3 & put them into one product.

Sorry for the rant but I like this thread topic, so I ran with it.
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

Those box toppers plaques were really neat....I have been looking for some of those.
I do have some of the Helmets they used to put in their product as well.
I like the odd ball stuff like that.

UD Premier had some SICK stuff! Well, when UD had the NFL line. Miss it so...
I can live without Topps Platinum. Too many crap stuff.
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

(08-15-2011, 12:51 AM)demondukk Wrote: They still do some of these for hockey but I'd like them back in football. Fleer Ultra & Pinnacle/Zenith/Summit. Ultra with Lucky 13, TD Kings, Award Winners etc. Team Pinnacle cards were always great with the double sided foil technology. These days you can have them in auto & relic variations! Zenith was pretty much a fancier Pinnacle but it was still cool. Summit were just sharp, thick stock, nice cards. You could make that a neat high end product.

As for what I don't like, Prestige is boring. I know it's tradition that it's the first official NFL cards every year but it's gotten flat. The other Panini staples may need to be scrapped too. Prestige, R&S, Gear could legitimately be put together into one. Take the best inserts from the 3 & put them into one product.

Sorry for the rant but I like this thread topic, so I ran with it.
I agree....Paninis products just run together. Alot of people flock to the Manu patches but I dont really like them. They are really bad for having dead boxes with garbage in them. Maybe if they consolidated their product line they would improve as a brand.

I actually still have two bobble heads from Pacific Heads-Up, Manning and Bettis. Those sets also had some nice patches, E. Smith was my first real big get in terms of patch cards, and then from the Heads-Update I believe they had 2, 4 person gu cards per box.

I also agree that the "cut and paste" style of Panini has got to go. Threads, Prestige, R&S just might as well be 1 product line. I rememebr when Prestige was actually prestigious, with real thick base cards and foils.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

I would love to see these sets return:
Topps Laser, E-X, and Zenith.

I really hope they bring back UD Black. Some of the most beautiful cards I've ever laid eyes on. It sucks that they don't have the NFL License though, since the best looking cards were the Veteran Flag Patch auto's, and the acetate dual-patch auto's.

(08-15-2011, 02:35 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: I would love to see these sets return:
Topps Laser, E-X, and Zenith.
So im not the only one who liked e-x. Good to know.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

(08-14-2011, 11:30 PM)rogue655 Wrote: Every year companies release new products, some are nice but you only see them for one year, others aren't and they come back year after year. Everyone has their least favorite products that make them cringe when you find out they're doing it again and i wanna know what yours is.

Mine is gridiron gear. the last good year for GG was 2006. Now they consistently have some of the worst card designs i've ever seen.

I think they should save the Hidden gems autos and move it to another product.

A product i think should be brought back is the Fleer Greats of the Game.

Maybe not every year but at least every two or three. I love the classic card designs and how its a product that ISNT packed with terrible rookie autos. your hits actually carried decent value and they always had a level of significance.

I also liked Epix from 2010 and hope they bring it back as well
LOVE this thread! Good to hear I'm not the only one that misses Fleer Greats of the Game - one of my all time favorite sets.
I do like Donruss/Panini Classics most years too, but last years was pretty weak.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]