`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you guys think Triple Thread boxes are.......

RE: Do you guys think Triple Thread boxes are.......
I have never bought TTT and just looked up the price of it. After seeing what it cost I can safely say I will never buy a box. Best of luck to all that do, but I will just buy the cards I want off EBAY.

I've got a 2006-07 Triple Threads Baseball collection that Becketts over 4K so I'm obviously a fan of the product. You may notice I didn't say anything about 08-10 and that does allude to the price. It can get expensive. Boxes this year on the Bay are starting around 180 and that's presell. If you love opening pack after pack and looking for the big hit, TTT isn't for you. If you love the thrill of getting a nice hit everytime you open a pack (and you have deep pockets) then TTT is nice. I'll pick up one or two boxes this year (but most likely not many others unless I hit and sell). I enjoy the adrenaline that goes with holding that unopened box knowing you've got some nice cards inside. That and I like the look and feel of the cards. A few of my better hits are below.

[Image: 2007ToppsTripleThreadsRelicsEmerald45Mic...eFront.jpg]
[Image: 2006ToppsTripleThreadsRelicAutograph94Oz...sFront.jpg]
[Image: 2007TripleThreadsDoubleComboRelicSepia32front.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0003a.jpg]
Dave J.

Collecting current and former Georgia Tech sports stars, Hank Aaron, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Ken Griffey Jr., and Albert Pujols

I'm not a Topps fan. I've never opened Triple Threads, and I've only purchased one Triple Threads single.

[Image: Mantle-DiMaggio-2007ToppsTripleThreads.jpg]

I bought it for $25 less than what my LCS was charging for a box back in 2007.

It's your money, and if you're gambler ... by all means rip. However, if I were handed $200 I'd either buy singles, or I'd pick up an old box of quality DLP products from one of the online retailers.

I was salivating over the Ozzie, but I still hate the sticker autos. That Cardinals 1/1 is beautiful, however. Eckstein's an odd choice....but still. I'd love to buy a box but I would have to hit enough to make most of the box back otherwise I wouldn't be buying any other cards for the next month or two. Then if I pulled a sweet Cardinals card but nothing else, I'd be too tempted to sell. I know it wouldn't be very practical for Topps to send every card to every player to sign but if these were on card autos it would be amazing. I still think the shiny stickers look a bit tacky. But I'll say it again....I'd love to buy a box.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

I don't think I'd ever buy triple threads because I think the longer the break, the better. And with only 2 "packs" or whatever, that wouldn't take very long. And most of the cards are ugly IMO. Especially those little awkward phrases they spell out with GU pieces
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)