`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Lineage question and observation

Topps Lineage question and observation
Mind you, I have not opened one pack, nor have I seen any of these cards with my own eyes. But it looks like from the posts that I've seen that they have already reprinted 2010 Topps base cards for auto's? Or are they buybacks?
Seems really strange that they would use such a current design for a 'new' product. Have they run out of ammunition?
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

RE: Topps Lineage question and observation
Check on my thread on the box break section and you can see a scan of 6 autos...some autos are on card of reprinted cards from different years. For instance the Sandoval auto I hit is an on card and its his 2009 Topps card. The McCutchen auto is a 2010 reprint. I think I'm correct that the Nolan Ryan auto is an on card of his 1990 Topps issue...It seems they are using a mix of cards of players for the on card auto set

Are the 2009 and 2010 designed auto's reprints? I like some of the stuff in this product but these auto's trouble me if they have already started reprinting cards from the last 2 years.
The mini's aren't mini enough for me to add them to my want list however Smile
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

I don't really care for the product from what I've seen in the box break forum. Seems like everything Topps makes looks exactly like the year before. Even these new products that they have never done before just look bad. I think the stand up and 3D cards are a ignorant idea....and the base cards aren't much different looking than 2011 Topps base. There are very few products that I'd even consider buying from Topps anymore.

(08-11-2011, 01:24 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I don't really care for the product from what I've seen in the box break forum.

+1.

However, I am excited for the Marquee that comes out later this month and the Inception football set looks BEAUTIFUL.