`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS Question

BGS Question
Is there a way to be told what grade my card will receive before they actually slab it? I don't want to get it slabbed if its not going to get the grade I want. So could they just put it in a slab without a grade if it doesn't get what I want it to? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/kylel0926/

Want: Dwight Howard Autos, Patches & RC Refractors, RC Autos of Cousins, Greg Monroe, Derozan, Harden, Jrue Holiday, any other STAR Autos!

RE: BGS Question
Hmmm, I don't know, good question! I know you get a email with grades before they ship... I guess you can let them know when you submit, a way to work it out.
[Image: MJCollage_zps3209fd89.jpg]

you would still have to pay full price, but im sure they would do it
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

They do it with previously slabbed cards from say SGC and PSA. I would think that you could work it out with them via email and make sure to put a note on the submission form. They will charge for the grade even if it wasn't graded though.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

They will do it, I had 3 gretzky rookies graded and you can ask for a minimum grade and either way you still have to pay, but you can either have them send you the card back as is or have them slab it in a authentic case like this for protection and it looks like this:

[Image: gretzkygraded.jpg]

Thanks for the help guys! That is exactly what I was wondering!
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/kylel0926/

Want: Dwight Howard Autos, Patches & RC Refractors, RC Autos of Cousins, Greg Monroe, Derozan, Harden, Jrue Holiday, any other STAR Autos!

(08-08-2011, 03:29 PM)r23b Wrote: They will do it, I had 3 gretzky rookies graded and you can ask for a minimum grade and either way you still have to pay, but you can either have them send you the card back as is or have them slab it in a authentic case like this for protection and it looks like this:

[Image: gretzkygraded.jpg]

You can do the same thing when you get coins graded. Not surprised it works this way with cards as well.

I thought I would throw my question in this post since it sort of relates.

I just Picked up a PSA 9 Austin Carr RC. Not a big money card, but he was one of the greatest players in Notre Dame history and still holds the NCAA record of 61 points in a NCAA tournament game against Ohio State in 1970. He also hold sa record for averaging 50 points per game in 7 NCAA playoff games.

Anyway, The highest BGS grade is only a 7.5. So I thought I would send this card in to be "regraded" by BGS. How do I do that?

I have sent ungraded cards in before, but never a graded card for a regrade.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

(08-11-2011, 12:45 AM)briankort Wrote: I thought I would throw my question in this post since it sort of relates.

I just Picked up a PSA 9 Austin Carr RC. Not a big money card, but he was one of the greatest players in Notre Dame history and still holds the NCAA record of 61 points in a NCAA tournament game against Ohio State in 1970. He also hold sa record for averaging 50 points per game in 7 NCAA playoff games.

Anyway, The highest BGS grade is only a 7.5. So I thought I would send this card in to be "regraded" by BGS. How do I do that?

I have sent ungraded cards in before, but never a graded card for a regrade.
Just send it in, if it gets a lower grade it is at your own risk. Unless you do as klarson has described. BGS will grade other cards that have been slabbed by other companies.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

Yeah, you take a chance when getting them re-graded. But, seeing how BGS and PSA are the biggest names in grading, I really doubt there would be a really big difference. Now, it comes down to a matter of preferences.
[Image: MJCollage_zps3209fd89.jpg]