`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ebay question

ebay question
so i had to make a new ebay name and made a couple of purchases and decided i was gonna try to sell some cards. the first listing got like no views, so i tried to make my send one a b.i.n/obo to attract more attention since the auction format had failed the first time. the only person to view it has been me. anyone have any idea why?

RE: ebay question
Ebay's "Best Match" is a convoluted and often terrible search system. It tends to sort newer/low feedback sellers to the bottom of the results. But a couple things to consider:

How many days are left to go? Many buyers sort results by "ending soonest" - so your hits tend to get higher the closer it gets to the end of the auction.

Make sure you include as many relevant search terms in your title as you can. That's how people will find the card. Extraneous stuff like "LQQK!!!!" or "EXTREMELY RARE!!!" are useless in a title, because no one searches for those things. Also be sure all names/words are spelled correctly.

Make sure you include a good scan of the card - many people will skip over auctions with no picture.

Other than that, there's not much you can do but sit back and wait.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(08-09-2011, 01:33 PM)ceocards Wrote: Ebay's "Best Match" is a convoluted and often terrible search system. It tends to sort newer/low feedback sellers to the bottom of the results. But a couple things to consider:

How many days are left to go? Many buyers sort results by "ending soonest" - so your hits tend to get higher the closer it gets to the end of the auction.

Make sure you include as many relevant search terms in your title as you can. That's how people will find the card. Extraneous stuff like "LQQK!!!!" or "EXTREMELY RARE!!!" are useless in a title, because no one searches for those things. Also be sure all names/words are spelled correctly.

Make sure you include a good scan of the card - many people will skip over auctions with no picture.

Other than that, there's not much you can do but sit back and wait.
sigh... thanks lol

Also if your starting price is too high no one will view it. Or if it's a card no one is looking for.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

always always always put "bv" in your title. even if you dont list the actual value, ALWAYS put BV in the title

(08-09-2011, 04:42 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: always always always put "bv" in your title. even if you dont list the actual value, ALWAYS put BV in the title
good advice thanks!

(08-09-2011, 04:42 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: always always always put "bv" in your title. even if you dont list the actual value, ALWAYS put BV in the title
WHY?
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(08-09-2011, 05:27 PM)djohn Wrote: WHY?
Yeah. I've been selling for 7 years on eBay and have never mentioned BV once. Always seem to get exactly what the card is going for.

On the other hand. The next time I list cards, I will put the BV and see if I get more hits/bids.

there are a lot of folks that search ebay cards categoryfor the term "bv" - people not particularly interested in looking for a specific item, but just general searching

you have to make sure the term is separate. you cant have "bv$", but you can have "bv $"