`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TTM Autograph Request Etiquette

TTM Autograph Request Etiquette
about ready to send out a batch of requests and was wondering if anyone had any tips. I feel kinda cheap just putting a note saying " hey can you sign this for me?" but then again I know some players if you personalize the request and put in how much you like them and stats or memories you have of them they take it as you trying to hard and think you're in it for the money maybe.

So what are some examples of generic requests that some of you use that I can just plug in the players name and maybe their team.

I was fairly successful with TTM autos back in the late 90's and then didn't do any for a while. But when I sent out I'd say 20 or so requests last year I didn't get a single one back which kinda disappointed me to say the least. I usually try for the lesser known guys or young guys who are up and coming since I know a lot of the established verterans like Manning, Brady,etc... usually don't do TTM or only do shows where they get paid and what not.

RE: TTM Autograph Request Etiquette
I usually include something about the player. For example, when I sent to Marlon Byrd, I mentioned we had the same birthday, or when I sent to Stubbs I said I think he's one of the fastest guys I'd ever seen, etc.
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Manning has been doing a couple of ttm requests that I've seen people have over on another forum. Brady doesn't but I do know that Manning does at times.
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

I have sent out several hundred and have about an 80% return rate -the key is knowing who returns and who doesn't. That is why is subscribe to a TTM website (sportscollectors.net). I saves me wasting my stamps and cards. When I do send I do personalize it - If I am asking them to put in effort, the least I can do is put in some as well.
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

I was thinking about sending my Yankees-White Sox ticket to A.J. Burnett for a signature that I saw him pitch in last Wednesday. He didn't do too well, though, so not sure if he will sign it. I guess I will make sure to tell him that I own him on my fantasy team.

My wife and I are going to the Yankees-Orioles game later this month and I thought that I would send each ticket to the opposing Starting Pitchers and if they sign and send them back, I would frame them together.

(08-08-2011, 06:52 AM)homerjg007 Wrote: I have sent out several hundred and have about an 80% return rate -the key is knowing who returns and who doesn't. That is why is subscribe to a TTM website (sportscollectors.net). I saves me wasting my stamps and cards. When I do send I do personalize it - If I am asking them to put in effort, the least I can do is put in some as well.
+1

Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

[Image: cutchbanner.jpg]