`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick eBay annoyance/question.

Quick eBay annoyance/question.
Okay I bought a card (1 card) on eBay on July 28 and the seller shipped it the next day. I knew they were shipping it parcel post which obviously takes longer than first class so I'm not surprised by the delay. My question is why do sellers use parcel post on smaller items like this when it's usually more expensive and takes longer? I sell items on eBay occasionally and have always used first class mail unless it was something big and heavy then I used whichever service got it there quickly and cheap.

Waiting two weeks for a card (expected delivery of 8/11) is ridiculous when I've already received 3 or 4 cards ordered 3-4 days after that one. So to anyone who ships cards via parcel post, what is your reasoning behind it? I'm not saying you're wrong for doing it but I'm just trying to get a better understanding as to why someone would ship it like that.

[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index

RE: Quick eBay annoyance/question.
(08-07-2011, 05:00 PM)thj0011 Wrote: Okay I bought a card (1 card) on eBay on July 28 and the seller shipped it the next day. I knew they were shipping it parcel post which obviously takes longer than first class so I'm not surprised by the delay. My question is why do sellers use parcel post on smaller items like this when it's usually more expensive and takes longer? I sell items on eBay occasionally and have always used first class mail unless it was something big and heavy then I used whichever service got it there quickly and cheap.

Waiting two weeks for a card (expected delivery of 8/11) is ridiculous when I've already received 3 or 4 cards ordered 3-4 days after that one. So to anyone who ships cards via parcel post, what is your reasoning behind it? I'm not saying you're wrong for doing it but I'm just trying to get a better understanding as to why someone would ship it like that.
I think they are just unaware and believe they are saving a few cents- I know another seller who shipped parcel post for months until the post office sent him a letter telling him he was overspending on shipping and first class would be cheaper and quicker. As a result his feedback score got better on shipping too-
WANTED: Indian Larry American Biker Auto
[Image: 1393873061.jpg]
http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/Seaw0lf/library/