`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manipulated packaging in Ontario

Manipulated packaging in Ontario
I recently purchased a 2008/09 UD Series One Hockey blaster box from a Zellers store in Pickering, Ontario. When I opened the box the first pack I opened only had 4 cards in it. The next pack I opened had a card from the 2010/11 UD series one. I quickly realized that someone had repackaged the cards and returned them to the store. I noticed that the outside packaging did not have the UD logo on it. Is there any other way to tell if a box or pack has been manipulated???

What about purchases of cards being non-refundable?

This makes me leary of purchasing cards at any department store retailer. I was also told by the store manager that this wasn't the first time that it has happened.

Any recommendations? Anyone else have the same experience???

Thanks

RE: Manipulated packaging in Ontario
bring it back to the store and tell them it to get a refund as you didn't get what you paid for

and if I was store manager i would say no returns on cards
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

The blaster boxes that I see listed on that other sight have an UD logo on them. If I do not see that on the wrap on the box AT ALL I would not buy it.

No returns on cards is funny b/c the only other way they would have been tampered with like that would be if an employee did it.

You need to keep a close eye on individual packs as well. I've seen packs where the top is opened just enough to see inside the pack, and then put back in the box. Not cool. J.

(08-04-2011, 09:24 AM)goperishgo Wrote: You need to keep a close eye on individual packs as well. I've seen packs where the top is opened just enough to see inside the pack, and then put back in the box. Not cool. J.
100% agree Undecided
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

(08-04-2011, 01:45 AM)slimscooter74 Wrote: I noticed that the outside packaging did not have the UD logo on it.
I buy a lot of retail. The one rule I have when buying is to make sure the company logo is on the outside packaging.
Not foolproof, but a good rule of thumb.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com