`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chrome Cards Condition Question

Chrome Cards Condition Question
I have a question about the proper condition of chrome cards.

Going through some older cards I found some Topps and Bowman Chrome for example, anywhere between the years 2005-2010 probably.

I started noticing that some of these cards had what looked like some sort of scratch or lines in them. Not like a fingernail scratch, but a very methodical straight line. Almost like something took a knife and barely grazed it across the card. It looks so perfect and clean, that my first thought is that this happened in production. I obviously didn't do it to the cards. I have opened many chrome packs where there seem to be similar instances on the cards. You don't notice it straight on. It has to be at an angle and I think the different lighting was what helped me notice this time.

So the question is...is this just part of how chrome cards are and it is normal? If not, what kind of classification would it cause the card to be (if everything else about the card was good)...good, fair? If I were to sell the cards to my neighbor down the street, does this take away from the value of the card?

Thanks for the help!