`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Braves Get Bourn...Trade Schafer +3

RE: Braves Get Bourn...Trade Schafer +3
The Braves don't need a real power pitcher or hitter (they have them) they just need them all to be healthy and gelling the legitimate leadoff is what they have lacked sooo long... the guys behind him will see different pitches more if he is doing his job once here

Our starting season lineup has only been able to take the field a hand full of times this year and we are still 17 up if they fire on all cylinders down the stretch then watch out
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

Honestly guys we didn't give up that much for bourn. WHO DOESN'T WANT 60 STEALS FOR YOUR LEADOFF MAN !!!!!!!!!! when have we ever had that ? Plus for those of you who don't see the excitement in getting bourn and think that 2nd place is still 2nd place, its not like he's going anywhere after the season. The braves will resign him to a few year deal if he doesn't already have one im not sure about this because i haven't read up on it.

We need a leadoff man fellas its as simple as that. I LOVE the move for the braves and now they might actually make it deep into the playoffs because they have the pieces to if everyone stays healthy and everyone stays hitting like they have been (Cough Cough UGGLA)

You guys won't be saying 2nd place is just 2nd place when bourn steals home in the 3rd game of the NLCS against the phillies in philly to give them the win !!!!!
Looking for Highend Pujols/Chipper/Longo

Also looking for a new sweet banner, i will provide all the pictures just need someone to put together a sweet one !

just remember this b4 this past season which has been a great year bourne generally only batted 250 or 260 tops you have to get on hit to get on base
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

(08-01-2011, 12:17 AM)rascrush Wrote: just remember this b4 this past season which has been a great year bourne generally only batted 250 or 260 tops you have to get on hit to get on base
Bourn is still MUCH better than Shafer in the batting department
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Astros got killed. Bourn and Pence gone, I literally have no reason to even CONSIDER going to Minutemaid any more.

Tonight's official paid attendance is......... 7.

Seriously, I hate being an Astros fan right now.

(08-01-2011, 10:22 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Astros got killed. Bourn and Pence gone, I literally have no reason to even CONSIDER going to Minutemaid any more.

lololol That is sad...but I feel your pain! I was just reading (after Ubaldo got traded) that the last season the Rockies sold-out all games (used to be a given) was the season before O'Dowd became the GM...coincidence!?!?!

I THINK NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grew up rooting for the Braves before the Rockies were around so I am really hoping the Braves can pull it together...having Bourn in CF almost reminds me of having Kenny Lofton or Marquis Grissom out there!
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

(08-01-2011, 10:22 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Astros got killed. Bourn and Pence gone, I literally have no reason to even CONSIDER going to Minutemaid any more.

I totally agree with you but I am getting lots of near the field FREE tickets. Got 4 for tonight and 2 for Wednesday.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

Harry Freeze can rest in peace now as he is no longer considered the worst GM in baseball history.
[Image: OSWALT-1-3.jpg]

2 reasons this was a good trade in favor of the Braves:
- Bourne can steal bases and the Braves haven't had a legit leadoff hitter since Furcal.
-Bourne can man cetner field which has been a void since Andruw left.

I'm looking forward to the home stretch of the season, maybe the Braves can move to within striking distance on the Phils. Either way, they should make the playoffs unless something catastrophic happens between now and the end of September.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]