`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEED HELP PO INFO

NEED HELP PO INFO
I went to the po today to ship some cards from at trade last night and the person at the counter started to feel up my package when I asked for a DC number and said she could not sell me a tracking number for a package this small.(2 cards) On monday I went in and the woman who works next to her sold me a DC number for a package with one card in it. Does this sound suspicious to anyone. I have been going to that po now for about 6 months and have never had this happen to me...

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]

RE: NEED HELP PO INFO
NEVER!

At most they throw it on the scale and tell me it would be cheaper and get there at the same time as priority if i sent it 1st class since its so light , but never looked, asked, feeled the package, or anything to try to see what it was.
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

Yes, this is a practice in some places.. At one PO I used to go to, if it could fit through a hole of a certain size and have a certain weight, they would not put a DC on it. I guess it is the "right way" to do it. Most other PO's I go to though will just put a DC on anything.

(07-29-2011, 02:05 PM)p18mann Wrote: I went to the po today to ship some cards from at trade last night and the person at the counter started to feel up my package when I asked for a DC number and said she could not sell me a tracking number for a package this small.(2 cards) On monday I went in and the woman who works next to her sold me a DC number for a package with one card in it. Does this sound suspicious to anyone. I have been going to that po now for about 6 months and have never had this happen to me...
Packages must be a certain thickness to be be DC'ed. I usually pad the envelope if I'm only sending one or two cards. It's just some clerks can be picky in this situation and measure the thickness of the package.
Banner courtesy of Blaynero
[Image: titans.jpg]
Wants Houston Oilers, Titans, Steelers, & Nolan Ryan as well as 1960, 1971 & 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates. Looking for 2013 National Treasures NFL Shield Football Signatures #16 Justin Hunter /2

When i used to live in ATL they did it to me all the Time i had to start shipping in a box they said they would give me a DC# on any envelope but when i move back to my small town in Va i have never had i problem i think it just really depends on who you get at the PO
I collect Ladainian Tomlinson for my 2 year old son Braxton. I am working on NBA 50 Greatest Auto PC. I am also a Taylor Swift Super Collector

[Image: LT-1.gif]

http://s994.photobucket.com/home/wjlee1978/index

some post office ppl let it silde other dont but if you want to put dc on a package it has to 3inches thick so they ask you to put like the peanut thing in there so it can be 3inches thick most let it silde when you dont put nothing in there this why i use paypal shipping.
my bucket always up to date also i always willing to trade send offers

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/jo...R%20TRADE/

I believe there is a thickness requirement to get DC. Think it has to go First Class Parcel instead of just First Class

I was told if it fits through one of those door mail-slots they couldn't do it.
[Image: Dallas-1.jpg]

It has to be 3/4ths of an inch thick to qualify for DC. Some clerks don't check and some do. I always just stick blank filler cards in there to make sure it is three quarters of an inch thick, if I don't think it is thick enough.

I always use the automated machine. I hit the "want to mail a package" button. Never have a problem.