`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Taking a Big Step: Buying a House! (Few Pics Added)

Taking a Big Step: Buying a House! (Few Pics Added)
Got some good news that I wanted to share with my 2nd family and my friends here on beckett! As of August 1, I will be a homeowner!!

A little background: I graduated college in December and have been paying rent to live with my parents since then. I landed a job in February and have saved up some money so I could move out and get a place of my own.

I recently found a house that is in pretty good condition and priced under market value and the mortgage payments would be about the same the cost of renting. I figured that if I am going to pay for living somewhere, I might as well pay towards owning a place. Of course, there will be other payments that I will have to make, that will make it more expensive overall, but it will still be nice to own something at the end of it. It will also allow me to finally have a mancave to display all of my Packers items!!

The obvious downside is that I won't have as much discretionary income to put towards my collecting habit. I will still be active on the site, but just won't be quite as active with trading and sending out care packages to my friends for the next few months until I find out what my average monthly costs of living are going to be. Will still be participating in the August freebie month (can't wait!!) and sending items out to some folks, but I will probably cut down a little after that and won't be getting much new stuff in for a while.

Anyway, just wanted to let everybody know and wanted to thank all of the great members that I have built friendships with and traded with over the past few months.

Thanks and hope to continue trading and interacting with all of the great members on this site!!

Sorry about the photo quality but it is the best I've got for now.

[Image: DSC01006.jpg]

Mancave shelves. Thinking about keeping the primary colors, lol!

[Image: DSC01008.jpg]

Shot of the dining room. More shelves!

[Image: DSC01009.jpg]
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

RE: Taking a Big Step: Buying a House!
Congrats, Alan! Big step. Been a homeowner for a few years now, and it's equally rewarding and frustrating.
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

Congrats!! That's a really smart move. And way better than paying rent every month if you can afford to do it. Best of luck!!

WOW, congratulations!!! That is great news Smile Having your own home is a totally rewarding experience. Enjoy putting together your new mancave Big Grin

Congrats!! Must be real exciting for you!

Thanks everybody! It's very exciting! I already have a room picked out for my cave. Has some shelves already built in!
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

Good luck on your venture buddy Smile
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

Good luck-hopefully it works out better for you than it did for me!
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(07-27-2011, 11:41 AM)sconnienation3 Wrote: Congrats, Alan! Big step. Been a homeowner for a few years now, and it's equally rewarding and frustrating.
My best friend for a good portion of 20 plus years bought his own house like a year or so ago.

The upside it is YOURS........

The downside... Anything goes wrong. Again it is YOURS lol

Can't call maintenance to take care of it... Gotta pay out of pocket.
I don't mind the thought of owning a house. Just the things that go wrong. lol

Congrats on your big Move though.......

I am not sure why you would buy a house and then kill it's value by displaying Packers memorabilia, but congrats anyway! Haha