`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLB rumours

RE: MLB rumours
I just hope the Cardinals don't trade Colby Rasmus for James Shields.

(07-23-2011, 10:37 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: I just hope the Cardinals don't trade Colby Rasmus for James Shields.
I'd do that any day
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(07-23-2011, 11:24 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: I'd do that any day
NO WAY! Look how young he is and who he's learning the position from. He's out there with Holliday and Berkman learning how they've played the position for many years. He will only get better. Shields is good, but I am tired of seeing the Cards deal away good, young starters for some pitchers or bench players. I would be happy if they get Shields, but not if they give up Rasmus to get him. They really need some relief pitchers instead. If they get Shields, they will move McClellan into the bullpen. I don't think it will be good for Kyle. I may be wrong about that, but it's JMO. There are plenty of good relief pitchers on the market (or that may be on the market).

(07-24-2011, 05:10 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: NO WAY! Look how young he is and who he's learning the position from. He's out there with Holliday and Berkman learning how they've played the position for many years. He will only get better. Shields is good, but I am tired of seeing the Cards deal away good, young starters for some pitchers or bench players. I would be happy if they get Shields, but not if they give up Rasmus to get him. They really need some relief pitchers instead. If they get Shields, they will move McClellan into the bullpen. I don't think it will be good for Kyle. I may be wrong about that, but it's JMO. There are plenty of good relief pitchers on the market (or that may be on the market).
I have to agree with BFK, I would deal Rasmus for Shields in a heartbeat. Rasmus has lost interest in playing for this team and it shows on the field. Jon Jay is more than capable of taking over.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

(07-25-2011, 02:09 PM)beatles guy Wrote: I have to agree with BFK, I would deal Rasmus for Shields in a heartbeat. Rasmus has lost interest in playing for this team and it shows on the field. Jon Jay is more than capable of taking over.
I can understand your thoughts on that. BUT, how long before Jon Jay decides he doesn't want to be there b/c he feels he will be on the chopping block soon enough. The Cards have been trading away really good young players ever since they won the WS. How can a young player WANT to stay there knowing that he will be on the trading block next year or the year after? The Cards keep trading possibly great players for veterans to take their spot OR for washed-up pitchers they think they can make great again. Just look at all the movements Tony keeps making. Trading Ankiel to make room for Schumaker, who was moved to 2B to make room for Rasmus. They also traded Taguchi to make room for Holliday. Replacing Rolen with Glaus was a terrible move and was just b/c of some spats b/t Rolen & LaRussa--I understand that one, but it could have been done differently.
They have a great offense this year, even w/out Pujols performing at his normal level. They need defense and that comes down to the poor relief pitching they have. The starters have been very efficient this year, but the Cards need some pitching support on defense in the later innings. The pitchers aren't getting it done in that area. Their current team could be devastating next year when Wainwright comes back to start, but they want to win this year. I fully understand that and hope they can at least make the playoffs this year, BUT they don't need to trade away the hopes for next year just to try to win this year!
Sorry for this long rant. I will stop now! Smile

(07-26-2011, 01:18 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: I can understand your thoughts on that. BUT, how long before Jon Jay decides he doesn't want to be there b/c he feels he will be on the chopping block soon enough. The Cards have been trading away really good young players ever since they won the WS. How can a young player WANT to stay there knowing that he will be on the trading block next year or the year after? The Cards keep trading possibly great players for veterans to take their spot OR for washed-up pitchers they think they can make great again. Just look at all the movements Tony keeps making. Trading Ankiel to make room for Schumaker, who was moved to 2B to make room for Rasmus. They also traded Taguchi to make room for Holliday. Replacing Rolen with Glaus was a terrible move and was just b/c of some spats b/t Rolen & LaRussa--I understand that one, but it could have been done differently.
They have a great offense this year, even w/out Pujols performing at his normal level. They need defense and that comes down to the poor relief pitching they have. The starters have been very efficient this year, but the Cards need some pitching support on defense in the later innings. The pitchers aren't getting it done in that area. Their current team could be devastating next year when Wainwright comes back to start, but they want to win this year. I fully understand that and hope they can at least make the playoffs this year, BUT they don't need to trade away the hopes for next year just to try to win this year!
Sorry for this long rant. I will stop now! Smile
Good points there. I am in agreement about LaRussa, he has no love for the younger players. His time is up in my book. I hate the fact that he still insists on playing Schumaker at 2B and Theriot keeps playing even though his defense is atrocious. Besides hitting an empty .300, Theriot does nothing for the team (why did we sign him?). I just think Rasmus is done. I don't think he is mature and he lets his Dad get to involved with his baseball life. I think he is on the border of being a head case.

It doesn't hurt that I am a Jon Jay fan though Smile
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts