`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Bryce Harper: Not so hot in AA ball

RE: Bryce Harper: Not so hot in AA ball
(07-22-2011, 08:42 AM)rad_1205 Wrote: man you guys are blasting a 20 year old kid that is playing with grown men! Some guys have been in Double A for 5-6 years give him a break. Harper will be alright 40 ABs is just rediculas to make a judgement on. Can you imagine the pressure that is on him with all this hype once he seattles down and learns to block alot of it out he'll put the numbers up it just takes time!!!
I agree you guys are way to quick to judge and actually he is 18.

(07-22-2011, 02:30 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Not me, I want to see him fall flat on his face, to be honest. (Although I would like to trade the rest of my Harpers first! Haha) I used to root for him, but lately I have seen how immature he is. He also seems to have a ridiculous sense of entitlement and that drives me insane. I love underdog stories and I hate when people have everything given to them without having to pay their dues. So unless he grows up, I am rooting for him to fall on his face.

Having said that, his cards are more valuable than Pujols, who I think is better than Bryce Harper will ever be. There's only one way for his card values to go....... down.
Is he immature, or is he a 18/19 yo kid in a pressure cooker. I know what I was like at that age. If I had the talent he does and was in that situation, I would have blown up big time. He wears his heart on his sleeve and has done some stupid things. Who among us was not a stupid idiot at that age??? That does not take away from the fact that he has talent and should become a major league ball player, possibly a good one.

Now card values, different story. There are 10 people I can think of who I would rather buy cards of who are as good or better right now and a fraction of the price.

(07-22-2011, 12:45 AM)scorpion1157 Wrote: give me all your harpers guys if you think he wont make it
Making it to the show with the Washington team is not the question. Will he be an awesome performer player in the MAJORS?

(07-22-2011, 02:30 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Not me, I want to see him fall flat on his face, to be honest. (Although I would like to trade the rest of my Harpers first! Haha) I used to root for him, but lately I have seen how immature he is. He also seems to have a ridiculous sense of entitlement and that drives me insane. I love underdog stories and I hate when people have everything given to them without having to pay their dues. So unless he grows up, I am rooting for him to fall on his face.

Having said that, his cards are more valuable than Pujols, who I think is better than Bryce Harper will ever be. There's only one way for his card values to go....... down.
AMEN !!!
WANTED: Pete Rose / Dale Murphy before 1981 / BUY or TRADE

http://stores.ebay.com/DugoutATL
http://www.facebook.com/RaylonsCollectibles

THrowing this out there to you guys im trading almost anything for Harper cards, if your looking to dump ill be the garbage man!!!
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

(07-22-2011, 12:45 AM)thj0011 Wrote: Yea I know I'm relatively new to the collecting scene but it was so confusing to me that people would pay these outrageous prices for an unproven player. Prices that could easily get you a couple of really nice vintage HOFer's or a lot of cards for any middle-upper star player PC.

Like dbroock said, the prices have nowhere to go but down even if he is a first ballot HOFer. Unless of course the future collectors are even crazier and pay even more for the cards than originally.
+1
WANTED: Indian Larry American Biker Auto
[Image: 1393873061.jpg]
http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/Seaw0lf/library/

He's 18 in double A, enough said.

People are idiots, including many who have responded to this thread...the guy has the best tools at the plate of any player since Griffey anyway...His bat speed and power are unmatched...He's a potential .325/40hr/40 steal talent...Yeah, let's go ahead and throw away his career AND hobby value because he's been cold for less than 3 weeks. He will be the best player in baseball within 5-6 years. He's 18...maybe we should withhold judgment until he is at least of drinking age. He's 4-5 years younger than Strasburg and a bigger prospect at the same age. He was hitting 500 foot homeruns at 16...maybe he REALLY is as good as advertised? I can name about a dozen perennial allstars who have had much worse slumps in the Majors.
Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]

(07-22-2011, 12:43 AM)evolb909 Wrote: He looked BAD in the Futures game too. He looked helpless vs the curve and breaking stuff. I have a feeling he's going to struggle big time in the majors.
Hey Major League told me even JC can't hit the curveball!
[Image: KingsSig2.jpg]
Looking for Lincecum, Wilson, Greenberg, Donte Greene, Kings and Giants

(07-23-2011, 02:02 PM)cmccart8 Wrote: People are idiots, including many who have responded to this thread...the guy has the best tools at the plate of any player since Griffey anyway...His bat speed and power are unmatched...He's a potential .325/40hr/40 steal talent...Yeah, let's go ahead and throw away his career AND hobby value because he's been cold for less than 3 weeks. He will be the best player in baseball within 5-6 years. He's 18...maybe we should withhold judgment until he is at least of drinking age. He's 4-5 years younger than Strasburg and a bigger prospect at the same age. He was hitting 500 foot homeruns at 16...maybe he REALLY is as good as advertised? I can name about a dozen perennial allstars who have had much worse slumps in the Majors.
I think he will likely have a successful major league career, but not the "Michael Jordan" of baseball like his card values would suggest. And for the dozen perennial all-stars you can name, I can name a dozen over-hyped prospects that turned out to be busts.

(07-23-2011, 03:46 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I think he will likely have a successful major league career, but not the "Michael Jordan" of baseball like his card values would suggest. And for the dozen perennial all-stars you can name, I can name a dozen over-hyped prospects that turned out to be busts.
You mean Lebron James of Baseball... Jordan tried Baseball he was worse than what Harpers is doing in double A now

https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto