`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Diamond Stars, T205 Gold (my first) and more pickups

New Diamond Stars, T205 Gold (my first) and more pickups
Last few weeks worth of bargains or so. Went to a show and got the t205 and diamond stars for 25. Then I noticed a Mantle he had and asked how much for all three. A little back and forth and we settled on 50 for all three. It is my FIRST vintage Mantle and my FIRST T205. Pretty excited, well worn but that is how I like them.

Tom Bridges
[Image: 34-36DiamondStarsTomBridges.jpg]
Bob Bescher
[Image: 1911T205GoldBorder19BobBescher.jpg]
My first vintage Mick
[Image: 59Mantle.jpg]

Id love to get a Mantle to go with these.
[Image: 66WhiteyFord.jpg]
[Image: 66Maris.jpg]

[Image: 64PiniellaRC.jpg]
[Image: 66Colavito.jpg]
[Image: 65TiantRC.jpg]

Thanks for the look

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

RE: New Diamond Stars, T205 Gold (my first) and more pickups
Nice pickups. Congrats!
PC: Cardinal Parallels/Rainbows of Pujols, Chris Carpenter, Molina, Lankford, Gibson, Musial, and Cardinal Prospects

I'd say you got a really nice deal there.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

I thought so too, even though the corners are snipped on the 205. Kind of like it was kept in an old photo album or something. I have more interest in where these cards have been rather thatn how much they are worth to sell or who is on them. I have a 55 Bowman Berra that was kept in a friend of my grandfathers wallet from the 50s to the 70s. It looks like complete hell but it is nice having a card someone loved for so long you know. Plus, high grade vintage is beyond my checkbook, so I make excuses as to why low grade vintage suits me better. Lol

&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set

To be honest, I didn't notice the snipped corners until you pointed it out. I just thought they were rounded. I like nice looking but technically low grade vintage myself. I just picked up a very cheap '52 Topps Schoendienst graded a PSA 2 but it looks much better than that. You're right though, the beat up cards have stories...some that we will never know.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.

No they are definitely snipped off, but a long time ago so it has rounded off some. What do you mean "technically" low grade. Like sharp looking cards that may be OC or trimmed?

Yeah, I need to pick up my first 52 yet. I really want it to be a yankee but may have to settle for a Red or Indian for now. I have a 53 but need a 54 and 55. Other than that, I think I have one of every topps set. Now I just have to figure out what set I will complete.

&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set

You did well,,,,Diamond Stars really Kick it.
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel

I love the Mantle and Maris cards!!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(07-17-2011, 04:32 PM)toddaray Wrote: No they are definitely snipped off, but a long time ago so it has rounded off some. What do you mean "technically" low grade. Like sharp looking cards that may be OC or trimmed?
Cards that are eye appealing but may be graded (or grade) a 1 or 2. You know, no major creases, good centering, no noticeable paper loss. I'll show you the Schoendienst when I get it, it's a good example.

Cool beatlesguy, I always enjoy your pick up posts anyway.

That for the comments guys.

Mel, I think I have made Diamond stars my prewar set to collect. I really like the artwork. With alot of the cards and the one I just bought is a prime example, I actually like looking at the background better than the player picture, lol

&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set