`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help me decide

Help me decide
I am debating whether or not to buy this card at my LCS. He has had it there for several months and no one has bought it yet. The AP is $80, but I wonder if I can get him to come down on price just a bit. Any thoughts?

http://www.triplecrownsportscards.com/ba...BatJsy.jpg
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

RE: Help me decide
Nice, no harm in making them an offer. The worst they could say is no.

Seems like a price that is fairly reasonable in terms of the top book value of inferior versions of the card, but times are tough who wants to pay near top book value. If I was a big Chipper Jones fan I would try to get them to come down a little bit, but not feel bad about the purchase if they only went 5-10 bucks or even none, depending on how I felt about its condition..

(07-15-2011, 04:56 PM)sesamestreet4life Wrote: Seems like a price that is fairly reasonable in terms of the top book value of inferior versions of the card, but times are tough who wants to pay near top book value. If I was a big Chipper Jones fan I would try to get them to come down a little bit, but not feel bad about the purchase if they only went 5-10 bucks or even none, depending on how I felt about its condition..
Thats kinda what I was thinking. If I can just get him to come down $5-10 that would be great. If not, I'll probably just try to save up some extra cash and hope he doesn't sell it anytime soon.

I'd just ask him if he has some wiggle room on it.

If it's not being sold on consignment or he didn't pay too much for it then he might be willing to accept $65 or $70 for it.

No harm in asking.
[Image: NewBitmapImage4-1.jpg]

[Image: NewBitmapImage2.jpg]

Working on: 2011 Topps 60/Next 60 unique Autos (50/142) & Relics (?/101)

Here's my opinion, so take it for what it is worth.

It isn't the prime version, so I would offer him $40 and negotiate on the price, maybe a trade/cash deal something like that, I am willing to bet that if your a good customer, he will be willing to work with you on a price.

While I personally feel that Chipper is one of the best players in baseball, there is no way I would pay $80 for that card unless it were the Prime version
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(07-16-2011, 02:11 AM)shezdoni Wrote: Here's my opinion, so take it for what it is worth.

It isn't the prime version, so I would offer him $40 and negotiate on the price, maybe a trade/cash deal something like that, I am willing to bet that if your a good customer, he will be willing to work with you on a price.

While I personally feel that Chipper is one of the best players in baseball, there is no way I would pay $80 for that card unless it were the Prime version
thanks Shez. I thought this was the Prime version. Can you tell me what the difference is then? I figured the bat/jersey version lists for $60, then the auto/bat/jersey would seem right around $80.