`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
contest for a 1975 topps nolan ryan

RE: contest for a 1975 topps nolan ryan
I would like to say that I would give the ball back to Jeter. They guy is a great player and seems to be a real good guy. With that said, this economy sucks. My wife has had her job cut and I dont think I could pass up the opportunity to cash in and ease some of the financial burden. She would have my head on a platter if I did give it back. In a perfect world where money was not that important to me I can honestly say I would give it back in a heartbeat without asking for anything. Unfortunately we dont live in a perfect world.

Thanks to the OP for the contest.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

I would have sold it. I know that's not the best thing to do, but how could you possibly pass up that much money? It'd somehow end up with him, anyway. (Or maybe Marc Ecko)
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Me I would throw the ball back in the field. It would have held up the game a few minutes and I might have got thrown out of the stadium but it would have been worth it just knowing Jeter got his 3,000th hit ball.

With 250,000.00 at one time I probley be miserable because people would start calling me (family,friends,brokers, and credit card companies ) wanting money and I wouldnt get a moment in piece.

I havent seen the hit yet, and I dont know what happened due to me being at work and working 18-20 hrs a day. So what happened to the ball if you dont mind me asking.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

The only thing i would ask in return is maybe have a catch with Jeter and/or get to play in a major league game. Hell i'll even accept an open invitation to training camp for a minor league team to work my way up and get the big call. I still to this day wanto to find a way to try out for an outfit for either the phillies, mets or yanks (i live NJ so.. yeah)
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

i would take it on a journey for 1 year, taking it to malls around the tri-state area, so that every yankee fan could get a close look at it. the ball would travel to select "yankee hot spots" across the country as well. i would put up a suggested donation box, so if people wanted to donate, they could. that money would to the jimmy fund/dana farber via www.project-cupid.org

then i would do one of two things:
1. give the ball to the hall of fame
2. blow the ball up (hey, i am a red sox fan)

okay, probably number 1

I would be ok with meeting Jeter and getting a few autographs but I would definitly want to throw out a first pitch at one of their games.
Current projects:
2014 Topps Heritage
2012 Gypsy Queen master set
Super Bowl Winning QB autos
1965 Topps baseball[Image: fellerryanben_zpse6968d67.jpg]

I would have likely given him the ball in hopes he would recognize I gave up a lot of coin. I am sure he got some nice things in return, but it was a little dissapointing that Jeter did not throw in some cash.
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

I would have sold it. Highest bidder gets it. I have not been hit by the economy, I don't have a bunch of debt, but $250k is $250k and I hate the Yankees. Maybe I am greedy, but that thing would have gone to auction inside of a week. I could say I would have given it back to Jeter.... but I'd be lying.

or i would ask to be able to play at yankeed stadium on there away games like 2 times a year, i would take golf balls and aluminum baseball bat stand at home plate, and hit some monster home runs, i have always wanted to do that in a major league stadium it would be so fun

(07-11-2011, 09:41 PM)southpaugh2002 Wrote: I was so moved by the fans kind gesture during his gathering of derek jeters 3000th hit that i want to do a contest for it. The contest being "what would you have done if you were in his shoes", me personally would have did the same thing. I heard the ball was estimated at $250,000, so his act of of kindness was very moving. I'm looking for what you would have done and why if you were the one who got his 3,000th ball. All honesty is appreciated. Here is the prize:

[Image: p_00196.jpg]
Im going to end this contest at 12 midnight central time and then ill pick a winner then if im still up, if not, ill anounce the winner in the morning. I like everybodys honesty, thanks for sharing Thomas