`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeping cards in cedar chests....Help

RE: Keeping cards in cedar chests....Help
And seeing as though those are those boxes. And not the Monster boxes.
You can put graded cards in those.

I was thinking about doing this for the Rice PC......
I hate how I have to keep my graded ones separate.

ThelegendJerryRice:

You can buy monster boxes that hold graded cards too. Thats what I have
Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!

(07-11-2011, 06:02 PM)dabears 1985 Wrote: ThelegendJerryRice:

You can buy monster boxes that hold graded cards too. Thats what I have
Yeah but I have random years of graded cards. And I have my Rice PC in order. So I have about 15 or so cards in one of those boxes beckett sends the graded cards in. That is only my Rice ones.

I'm on my third one of these. I have 60 cards at BGS right now so I'm gonna have to get another one in the next couple weeks. They seal up nice and stack up on each other. $10 at Walmart.

[Image: IMG-20110712-00096.jpg]
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

Sweet set-up you got, right now all I got is one large cardboard shoebox in a drawer and then albums with the plastic sleeves for star base/inserts.

Oh and still cant WAIT to get our BGS stuff back!!

(07-12-2011, 06:56 PM)giantfan270 Wrote: I'm on my third one of these. I have 60 cards at BGS right now so I'm gonna have to get another one in the next couple weeks. They seal up nice and stack up on each other. $10 at Walmart.

Insulate the chest if you're unsure about the Myths. My Vintage cards sit in a chest Smile but then again they aren't randomly thrown around lol. All that stuff people are searching are for cards in wood boxes that are unprotected. Big boxes hold little boxes!! Kind of like Tetris! Smile

oh ya a light sand wouldn't be that bad either! clean that baby Smile

Or like the plastic container above is amazing!! especially if you store in a basement or under sea lvl lots Smile water proof saves lives!
[Image: mikethomas_banner-1.jpg]
Mike Thomas Collection Thread
Working 3rd shift, so please be patient to my replies Smile

(07-11-2011, 03:44 PM)ironman71635 Wrote: Did a quick Google search and found this
"Things to Avoid

Plastics, such as dry cleaner bags and zipper bags, and paper bags, such as grocery bags or kraft paper, produce acidic gases and absorb or retain moisture. Plastic retains moisture and humidity within the bag or container, which causes the discoloration of fabrics and paper. Retention of moisture can also lead to mildew. Plastic is made from petroleum products; as it ages and deteriorates, it produces chemical vapors that will yellow and erode fabric."

Read more: How Should Items Be Packaged to Put in a Cedar Chest? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_8553283_should-...z1RpcidkWx
So what if I have some of my cards in toploaders inside a team bag which are stored in a white card box, will these eventually start to retain moisture and yellow on the top where the card is exposed a little??
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

@giantfan270: Dude those are sick! Just wish they had dividers then I'd buy a bunch! What are the dimensions?

@weslamb: You think it'd be safe? How would I "insulate" it? Any that picture I got off google to save tiem, mine is cleaner, lol Smile

@jncdrew: This is my same situation...not sure

@giantfan270: Dude those are sick! Just wish they had dividers then I'd buy a bunch! What are the dimensions?

@weslamb: You think it'd be safe? How would I "insulate" it? Any that picture I got off google to save tiem, mine is cleaner, lol Smile

(07-12-2011, 09:40 PM)dabears 1985 Wrote: @giantfan270: Dude those are sick! Just wish they had dividers then I'd buy a bunch! What are the dimensions?

This is the exact box but look around the site, they have a ton of different stuff, I think some with dividers.

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/us...itreUS.php

2012 Beckett "Super Collector"