`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice little find..

RE: Nice little find..
(07-10-2011, 07:29 PM)eazy e Wrote: Was going through some random early 90's cards I had in a storage box since well.. the early 90's..

BOOM! (2) Chipper Jones Topps RC's

I know its not much but considering the era its about as good as it gets. Funny all the cards I saved in this box I thought at the time were going to be so valuable..HA!
dude, i did the same thing 2 weeks ago.. I found 3 chipper rookies, completely made my day.

(07-11-2011, 02:33 AM)mabester Wrote: dude, i did the same thing 2 weeks ago.. I found 3 chipper rookies, completely made my day.
I keep meaning to ask. What is the logo for your signature? Reminds me of Arik Cannon. Is that who it is?

(07-10-2011, 10:00 PM)johnxgodfree Wrote: did you also find tons of random old cards in big screwdown cases and other ones protected because they were good ones?

some of the cards I had in cases were pretty silly looking back

my 92 topps brien taylor comes to mind. im pretty sure i still have it in the screwdown too lol

[Image: philliesguy2.png]
i collect phillies autographs.
i also collect robert andino & carmelo anthony.

Juan Gonzales RC,Tom Gordon RC, Sandy Alomar JR RC, Chris Sabo and Greg Jeffries OMG! LOL what was I thinking. Oh and dont forget Jerome Walton!

(07-11-2011, 02:24 AM)johnxgodfree Wrote: same here... some noteworthy ones I can remember off the top of my head:

1985 donruss Jimmy key RC
90s diamond king inserts of random players
lots of cliff floyd and nigel wilson cards
lots of frank thomas cards
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

A guy was on the local radio station wanting to sell his "valuable sports card collection" not too long ago. So, I called him and talked to him about it. I went to his house and looked at them and he had a price guide and everything. He was so excited...

Until I told him that the cards weren't worth very much today. He said well in this book from 1991 they were worth a whole bunch.

I asked him what he wanted for the collection and he said he priced them all out of that book and he'd take 25% less than what they booked for. I reiterated that they weren't going to fetch that much anywhere from anyone.

I had brought a book with me just in case he didn't have one and had something really valuable or rare. So, I carried my 2011 price guide with me and showed him some of the prices. He said he was shocked that superstars from that era didn't book more and RCs were virtually worth nothing, except for the 2-3 like Chipper, Frank Thomas, Ken Griffey, etc.

Then I asked again what he'd take. He said he wasn't going to come off the price any because that's what they booked in his book and that he was going to go by his price guide instead of mine because his showed they were worth more.

He still has the cards.

LMAO...What a tool! Did you point to the date on his price guide?
(07-11-2011, 11:59 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: A guy was on the local radio station wanting to sell his "valuable sports card collection" not too long ago. So, I called him and talked to him about it. I went to his house and looked at them and he had a price guide and everything. He was so excited...

Until I told him that the cards weren't worth very much today. He said well in this book from 1991 they were worth a whole bunch.

I asked him what he wanted for the collection and he said he priced them all out of that book and he'd take 25% less than what they booked for. I reiterated that they weren't going to fetch that much anywhere from anyone.

I had brought a book with me just in case he didn't have one and had something really valuable or rare. So, I carried my 2011 price guide with me and showed him some of the prices. He said he was shocked that superstars from that era didn't book more and RCs were virtually worth nothing, except for the 2-3 like Chipper, Frank Thomas, Ken Griffey, etc.

Then I asked again what he'd take. He said he wasn't going to come off the price any because that's what they booked in his book and that he was going to go by his price guide instead of mine because his showed they were worth more.

He still has the cards.
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

(07-11-2011, 08:45 AM)philliesguy Wrote: my 92 topps brien taylor comes to mind. im pretty sure i still have it in the screwdown too lol
You beat me to it - my plan of retiring on my Brien Taylor RCs didn't work out!
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

(07-11-2011, 04:26 AM)bosoxfan1971 Wrote: I keep meaning to ask. What is the logo for your signature? Reminds me of Arik Cannon. Is that who it is?
Fear the Beard. - Brian Wilson

(07-11-2011, 01:55 PM)hellsbells Wrote: You beat me to it - my plan of retiring on my Brien Taylor RCs didn't work out!
lol what a shame the brien taylor story is.

[Image: philliesguy2.png]
i collect phillies autographs.
i also collect robert andino & carmelo anthony.