`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wow... rant

RE: wow... rant
You are correct sir, cause it is alot of work and time to compare prices, look up BV's versus SV's on every single card you are interested in. And i know what u mean about paying $80-$100 for a $120 card cause my Dez pc is full of them. Alot of my high end stuff is like that. I actually starting getting alot of them for about 30% of book so I am happy there. But you have to know the difference unless you just have deep pockets and dont give a crap. Me personally, I cant afford to make mistakes, I have already made enough, lol! But, I learned from them that is for certain.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

(07-08-2011, 09:14 AM)draylllanes Wrote: Don't confuse buying/selling with trading. Those are 2 different areas. Trading to me is and should be done by BV unless you have a 1of1 or something not listed then configure does come into play for trading purposes. But BV for trading is in my opinion is the only way to go.
I wouldnt jump to that conclusion too quickly buddy. If Im selling/trading rice and you are selling/trading wheat and we want to swap. We would say I need $30 worth of rice for $30 worth of wheat. My point is the amount of supply that is swapped varies while the value remains equal. A $300 card sells for $100 I should have to give you enough in return to equal the $100 and not $300. Neither of us is selling rice or wheat in this situation. We are trading. However the sv of the rice and wheat is what we would go by when determining the amount given. While grains are different from cards the premise is right on IMO.

Also this goes both ways. If I have the $300 that only goes for $100 I should accept a trade for a $150 card that sells for a $100. I in no way am trying to gain any profit in the trade just going by what the card would get on the market.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Man, this entire BV/SV fiasco could be easily avoided if they did some real-time updates to keep them accurate.

(07-09-2011, 02:36 AM)jncdrew Wrote: You are correct sir, cause it is alot of work and time to compare prices, look up BV's versus SV's on every single card you are interested in. And i know what u mean about paying $80-$100 for a $120 card cause my Dez pc is full of them. Alot of my high end stuff is like that. I actually starting getting alot of them for about 30% of book so I am happy there. But you have to know the difference unless you just have deep pockets and dont give a crap. Me personally, I cant afford to make mistakes, I have already made enough, lol! But, I learned from them that is for certain.
I hear ya bud. I really dont do too much trading so its easier for me to check both the bv and sv and come up with a value im comfortable with. As for high volume traders out there I can understand the time consumption aspect of it.

As for your Dez's that stinks about the bvs bud. If I traded strictly by bv and wanted to move a $300 Marino I would need 3 Dezs in return and Im pretty certain the 3 Dezs would get more cash than a $300 Marino. Most go around $110-$125 while the 3 Dezs would get at least $200. I would just feel like Im ripping you off if I made that trade with you and would feel like I was getting ripped off if the roles were reversed.
(07-09-2011, 02:45 AM)ejnfl24 Wrote: Man, this entire BV/SV fiasco could be easily avoided if they did some real-time updates to keep them accurate.
Amen brother. I can only speak strongly about Marino cards. There are some jersey card that book for $60 or $80 bucks that you can buy for $15-$25 in most cases. Its just too inconsistent as are ebay sales but...ebay is usually spot on and is current.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Exactly. I know people's "collection value's" might take a hit if they kept the BV's adjusted to more accurately reflect what these cards normally sell for. But at least it'd be an accurate number. Not some "shot-in-the-dark" number that someone put alongside the card and never really checked again. I hear of cards selling well, and the BV dropping. Or not selling, and somehow it goes up? It's all a guessing game anymore. It'd be nice to just have it updated real-time, daily, heck...even weekly or maybe monthly at worst. But the way it is, just doesn't seem to cut it. I know sale prices fluctuate, but they're usually within a certain range that could be more accurately reflected in the OPG.

Dez cards were thru the roof but are coming down on BV which is even worse cause like an idiot, I ran out and started buying his stuff right as it was coming out and looking at it now, I got killed on a few of them. I could have a box full of Emmitt autos for the money i spent on Dez, I actually ran a thread about it last week. Ended up finally getting a sick Emmitt though in this realization of mine, lol! Smile Oh btw, I still have that Odrick auto for you, send me your addy and i will get it over to you.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]