`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expired Redemptions

Expired Redemptions
I was curious if anybody knew the answer to this. Im sure somebody has talked to a card company before about this. So say a card is made and numbered to 25 and it is a redemption. Now maybe only 20 of those get redeemed before the expiration date. But what happens to the rest of them. Are they destroyed? That would be hard to believe as they are numbered to 25 copies so it wouldnt be right if that many didnt exist. Anybody have any input?
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

RE: Expired Redemptions
According to Upper Deck, the redemtion cards that are not redeemed are either used as replacements or are destroyed.
Charlie Whitehurst Super Collector

Collector of Clemson Tigers and Dallas Cowboys

Wow they claim they destroy some of them? That makes me sad.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

Yup Sad from UD website....

What happens to redemption cards after they expire? +/-

They are either destroyed or used for replacements with other redemption programs. Unfortunately, expired redemption cards cannot be honored.

It's some sort of legal issue, that's why they have to have expiration dates in the first place.

Why do redemptions expire? +/-

To comply with the law, we must set a start date and an end date for all our redemptions. Also, we do not have the room to warehouse older, obsolete cards.

Currently, autograph and draft pick redemptions are only available for 2 years (or less) from the release date; memorabilia redemptions are only available for 1 year (or less) from the release date. But despite those time limits, special redemption programs may have different availability windows.
Charlie Whitehurst Super Collector

Collector of Clemson Tigers and Dallas Cowboys

Wow that is very important information to know. I always hated them for not honoring redemptions but now I know they have too do that or maybe send you some packs which I heard they do sometimes.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

That to me is absolutely crazy. If they do that, I really dont see any point to putting serial numbers on any redemption card. I wonder what Panini's deal is then since they clearly hold onto their older cards and still send them out after they are expired.

If they have a card that is in the inventory for use as replacements for other redemption programs/damaged cards, etc., and you have an expired redemption for that actual card, then why not honor it if they can? It seems to me that if they said that expired redemptions "may" not be honored instead "cannot" be honored, it would be a better PR move.

I think in Panini's case part of it is that they are a new company that is trying to build some goodwill, and one way to do that is to honor all redemptions, expired or no. Too bad their customer service department pretty much flushes that goodwill down the toilet, but maybe it's a work in progress?
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

(07-06-2011, 11:12 AM)uwash97 Wrote: If they have a card that is in the inventory for use as replacements for other redemption programs/damaged cards, etc., and you have an expired redemption for that actual card, then why not honor it if they can? It seems to me that if they said that expired redemptions "may" not be honored instead "cannot" be honored, it would be a better PR move.

I think in Panini's case part of it is that they are a new company that is trying to build some goodwill, and one way to do that is to honor all redemptions, expired or no. Too bad their customer service department pretty much flushes that goodwill down the toilet, but maybe it's a work in progress?
I see what your saying and it makes sense. But if it is the law for Upper Deck to destroy the cards after they expire, then how come Panini is allowed to keep their expired ones? I think Upper Deck should take after Panini but it doesn't all make sense.

why in the world would they destroy them.....at the very least they could put em on ebay or something
Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!

I had a 2010 Nascar redemption that was considered as an invalid code. The lady at Press Pass said that they made more Redemption cards than actual player cards..lol So they sent me a 2005 Jeff Gordon Triple Burner Exchange as a replacement. She said she had 4 left from back then that was never redeemed.