very cool pieces! Thanks for sharing!
[Image: mdavison.jpg]
[Image: PCcards001.jpg]

RE: OT (Mostly): Day That Ruth Died Newspapers
Thanks for sharing!
I collect Yankees
I trade based on BV, not sale price.

(07-06-2011, 04:38 AM)bosoxfan1971 Wrote: The memorabilia from the Inauguration is pretty cool pieces to have. I wonder what the prices from then translate to in today's dollars.

I grew up in RI, so the Providence Journal brings back some memories.
I never really got the whole story but it was I believe my great uncle was a senator/congressman/something like that in R.I. back in the day and that's how we ultimately ended up with the Inauguration pieces. Definitely pretty cool and the paper with "Nixon Resigns" is a nice bookend to them!
(07-06-2011, 08:00 AM)fjf31970 Wrote: Thurman Munson the day after the plane accident.
That would be a great one to have. Not for morbid reasons, but historical baseball purposes.
Glad you guys enjoyed them! Thanks for the look.

(07-06-2011, 03:10 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I never really got the whole story but it was I believe my great uncle was a senator/congressman/something like that in R.I. back in the day and that's how we ultimately ended up with the Inauguration pieces. Definitely pretty cool and the paper with "Nixon Resigns" is a nice bookend to them!

That would be a great one to have. Not for morbid reasons, but historical baseball purposes.
Glad you guys enjoyed them! Thanks for the look.
Will post pic later