`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Florida Blackhawks

The Florida Blackhawks
Is it me, or is Florida "saving" Chicago's butt? They keep taking all those contracts that Tallon signed in Chicago, to Florida. I remember the trade last year that helped Chicago, and now all these free agents. And Tallon never wanted to leave Chicago... am I out of line thinking the NHL needs to maybe investigate? Now I know Florida needed to get to the cap floor, but to get some crazy contracts out from Chicago? Come on..
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

RE: The Florida Blackhawks
Interesting point. I think Florida was looking for players to get them to the cap floor that they could get for very little and Chicago was a logical target.
Collecting Anton Lander and Mark Arcobello

(07-04-2011, 02:15 PM)p8030103 Wrote: Interesting point. I think Florida was looking for players to get them to the cap floor that they could get for very little and Chicago was a logical target.
Yes, but why just them? I mean they have done everything to help Chicago before helping themselves. The trade last year was in Chicago's favor, and these moves are helping Chicago. Seems a little friendly for my liking ha. A coincidence
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun

(07-04-2011, 02:15 PM)p8030103 Wrote: Interesting point. I think Florida was looking for players to get them to the cap floor that they could get for very little and Chicago was a logical target.
Couple that with the fact that any GM will go after players that have played for him before, and played well, and it makes sense, just on what appears to be a larger scale. Sather did it in NY, McPhee did it in Washington, and Brian Burke has done it in BOTH Anaheim and Toronto...but never as noticably as Tallon is right now!
[Image: opiebanner.png]

Thanks to Tha Penguin for the banner!
Always looking for Senators and Canucks cards.

Opie's Senators Collection: 4036/14396 28.3%, according to Beckett's database

(07-04-2011, 02:26 PM)opierocks Wrote: Couple that with the fact that any GM will go after players that have played for him before, and played well, and it makes sense, just on what appears to be a larger scale. Sather did it in NY, McPhee did it in Washington, and Brian Burke has done it in BOTH Anaheim and Toronto...but never as noticably as Tallon is right now!
People do it, of course, it is common. But it is very noticable, let's just get all the players that Chicago doesn't want haha. The Campbell one is most noticeable. Maybe I think too much haha.
Always gone Thur-Sun

Nino: I think it caught your eye because the 'Hawks are the team Tallon is most familiar with, and since he signed most of the guys he's now re-aquiring(sp?), he already knows their contracts and how they'd fit into Florida's cap scheme. It's really a matter of volume! I remember back in the 80's when I was a baseball fan that, after 1 trade between the Cubs and Expos, it looked like EVERY trade the Cubs did was with the Expos! Take a look back at when Brian Burke left Vancouver for Anaheim, and how many Canucks ended up in "Disneyland"...then fast forward to now, and how many Ducks are in Toronto now...
[Image: opiebanner.png]

Thanks to Tha Penguin for the banner!
Always looking for Senators and Canucks cards.

Opie's Senators Collection: 4036/14396 28.3%, according to Beckett's database

(07-04-2011, 03:09 PM)opierocks Wrote: Nino: I think it caught your eye because the 'Hawks are the team Tallon is most familiar with, and since he signed most of the guys he's now re-aquiring(sp?), he already knows their contracts and how they'd fit into Florida's cap scheme. It's really a matter of volume! I remember back in the 80's when I was a baseball fan that, after 1 trade between the Cubs and Expos, it looked like EVERY trade the Cubs did was with the Expos! Take a look back at when Brian Burke left Vancouver for Anaheim, and how many Canucks ended up in "Disneyland"...then fast forward to now, and how many Ducks are in Toronto now...
It is why it is catching my eye, but another reason it is because Tallon didn't wanna leave Chicago. I am sure he wants those players that he signed from Chicago, to come to him, and I understand that. But he is making moves that looks to be helping Chicago. Who would want Campbell at that contract? And trading Skille and two non NHLers for Dvorak (sp), and Salak? I'm all for wanting your old players back, but not in the way Tallon is doing it, seems a little too far. Who knows what I know though ha.
Always gone Thur-Sun

(07-04-2011, 03:17 PM)nuccionino Wrote: It is why it is catching my eye, but another reason it is because Tallon didn't wanna leave Chicago. I am sure he wants those players that he signed from Chicago, to come to him, and I understand that. But he is making moves that looks to be helping Chicago. Who would want Campbell at that contract? And trading Skille and two non NHLers for Dvorak (sp), and Salak? I'm all for wanting your old players back, but not in the way Tallon is doing it, seems a little too far. Who knows what I know though ha.
it was interesting to see how FL farm team was last year when they was in Rochester.... they have a few good players in the system but overall it needs helping

FL also needed to make money to cover the floor limits... I don't know what the penalty is for missing the floor but I think it is pretty bad
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

(07-04-2011, 04:12 PM)bonnev659 Wrote: FL also needed to make money to cover the floor limits... I don't know what the penalty is for missing the floor but I think it is pretty bad
I know, but why not get more players? Instead of one D-man at 7 MIL, get 2 at 3 MIL. They need some depth, something.
Always gone Thur-Sun

Fla is an interesting team....

that is all i can say
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)