`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT...kinda. Favorite possession?

RE: OT...kinda. Favorite possession?
It just looks a little weird for his auto, but it could be due to the fact that I can barely see it on the black and white photo. Big apple I believe is a big time shop so it should be good.
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY

(07-01-2011, 09:50 PM)whodeyalltheway Wrote: It just looks a little weird for his auto, but it could be due to the fact that I can barely see it on the black and white photo. Big apple I believe is a big time shop so it should be good.
ya i also have a huge photo signed a framed of nolan ryan from them

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]

I would have to say the Chris Andersen autographed ball me and my wife have. She had to get a surgery and I tried to get a player visit for her. They said they couldn't since she was over 18. When we got back from Denver, we had a package from kroenke sports charities with the ball and a few other things in it. It will never go anywhere but with us. Huge shoutout to kroenke sports charities for that
Andre Roberts-87 Autos with Six 1/1's
http://s854.photobucket.com/albums/ab106...1QQtppZZ28

(07-01-2011, 09:11 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Mine is the signed 8x10 of Walter Payton he sent back after I wrote him a letter at age 7. It is beat to crap because I was 7 and didn't realize how to take care of it, etc. But it's sentimental value is greater than any other sports related item I have by far.

Quick story for those who care to read it:
Payton was always my idol. When I was about 14, I used to referee younger kids' basketball games for extra cash. His son Jared was one of those kids. He used to actually GO to some of the games, I had heard! One day, I was outside waiting for my mom to pick me up and I see this big guy get out of a black, tinted out, gorgeous Lexus in a long black leather trenchcoat and snakeskin boots. It was Walter! He walked up to the school near where I was standing and I am sure I was probably staring at him slack-jawed. He smiled at me and said "hey buddy" with a wave. As I recall, my mouth moved, and I think sound came out, but certainly no distinguishable words. He patted me on the back with a chuckle, ruffled my hair, and walked inside. Cool as a cucumber, I was. And that was my experience "meeting" my childhood idol. :-)
:O

Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!

Of course, my favorite possession is my kitty. Smile

As for the sports part of things, I'd have to say this one:

Full-size authentic

[Image: IMG_3217.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3668.jpg]
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

^That's sick! Especially the gloves!

Wendy you missed a spot Smile Looks great!
[Image: mikethomas_banner-1.jpg]
Mike Thomas Collection Thread
Working 3rd shift, so please be patient to my replies Smile

I'd have to say this one:

[Image: 1994BrettFavreActionPackedauto.jpg]

There is always the possibility it is a fake oh well. I will find out when I send it in to be graded. It is the thought that counts behind the card. I bought a card off of someone through ebay and when I opened the package I was in awe to see this in there.. I could not believe it. And there was a note attached to the back of it saying thank you for everything you do, thank you for serving. I was at a loss for words to say the least that someone would think like that. I was really appreciative of this and it made my day.
Check me out! Updating all the time. Working my ORG daily! Have lots to trade.

Collect Patriots, Texans, Bruins, Texas A&M, UCONN and current project 2011 Certified FOTG /250 set 2011 Playoff Contenders Set

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/Mercier2002/

I dont know which is my favorite, but the three are my team signed 12th man flag, team signed seahawks football, and jerry rice signed football. The seahawks team stuff was all signed in person. the football is full with about 26 signatures, including Lofa Tatupu. The flag is about 4 feet tall and 2 feet wide, with about 30 signatures and counting. There is Tatupu and Aaron Curry, Marcus Trufant is on there, so is Patrick Kerney. Charlie Whiehurst is on there, many of Seahawks starters are on thier. The jerry rice football was not signed in person, but I got it from my cousin who worked for the niners as thier PR guy. He got the auto on the set of Dancing with the stars.

(07-01-2011, 09:14 PM)p18mann Wrote: if i ever met peyton manning i probably would break down crying, and im in my twenties. i know how you feel...
I don't know why, but I feel compelled to relate my own Peyton Manning story, and why I have the utmost respect for him as a person. My wife and I were in Honolulu during the 2008 Pro Bowl (though we didn't go to the game). We were on our way to the airport and stopped at Sam Choy's for an early dinner (about 4pm or so). We were seated in a sparsely populated bar area and I soon noticed that - holy crap - Peyton Manning was about 20 feet away from me having a bite to eat with a lady friend (don't know who, don't care). Right next to them was a family of 4 all decked out in Chargers gear. Mind you, the Chargers eliminated the Colts from the playoffs that year, for I think the second year in a row. Anyway they didn't bother him during the meal, but the two young boys were clearly excited to be in the presence of a NFL superstar. After Manning had paid the check (or who knows, maybe it was on the house), the father politely asked Peyton if he wouldn't mind posing for a picture. He could have easily given them any number of excuses for breezing out of there, but he didn't. He not only posed for multiple pictures, but also signed some stuff (Pro Bowl programs, hats, and even one of the Chargers jerseys I think). I thought "wow that's cool." But that's not the end of the story. After Manning left, the server came over to the family and informed them that their meal had been taken care of. Now that's some serious class. I'm glad I got to witness it. Sorry for the long post, but thanks for reading.

As for my favorite thing, it's either my avatar picture or my Favre 1000-stripe RC.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)