`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saves Record

Saves Record
This is something I've been thinking about lately. Currently Trevor Hoffman holds the all time saves record at 601. Mariano Rivera is close behind him with 579. If for some crazy reason Rivera does not end up breaking that record how long would Hoffman's 601 saves stay at the top. Or let's assume Rivera passes the 601 mark this year or next, would anyone ever come close to breaking it? If you look at many of the closers today they do not stay closers for very long. They can be dominant for 5-8 years but after that their names and stats seem to fade quite a bit. Comments welcome.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

RE: Saves Record
I think K-Rod has a shot at it, he's only 29
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

K-Rod has along way to go to catch those two guys with his 288 career saves,but he is the next in line.I have also heard rumors about him possibly setting up for a contender.We'll have to wait and see.

http://coolstarcards.wordpress.com/

Brian Wilson all the way. FEAR THE BEARD!

(07-01-2011, 02:49 PM)eman97 Wrote: Brian Wilson all the way. FEAR THE BEARD!
He has 158, and he's 29. I don't think he has a shot at the record, unless he keeps it up for a while
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

There is no closer that will even sniff Rivera's record. Nick Johnson has a better chance of breaking Ripken's games played streak then Krod or Wilson even getting close to 500 saves...
Looking for Mike Trout, Aaron Judge and Derek Jeter...

(07-04-2011, 11:33 PM)mjanooz Wrote: There is no closer that will even sniff Rivera's record. Nick Johnson has a better chance of breaking Ripken's games played streak then Krod or Wilson even getting close to 500 saves...
Rivera had 129 when he was 29, K-Rod has 288

How many does Papelbon have? I think he's under 30, but still a long way to go to reach Rivera-Hoffman territory.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

(07-06-2011, 09:52 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: How many does Papelbon have? I think he's under 30, but still a long way to go to reach Rivera-Hoffman territory.
Papelbon is at 206 and will be 31 this offseason. He has been pretty healthy during his career too. Being a Sox fan I would like to see him do it but for him to get 600 saves is asking a bit too much. If he continues to stay healthy then he will save a ton of games. He doesn't lose many and neither do the Sox.
Anyways your best relievers make it into their 40's and endure the pressure........
Kudos to Hoffman but I think it will be Rivera's record relievers will be chasing.
[Image: 5990000932_c874f0ce46_m.jpg]