`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why are there so many Braves collectors?

RE: Why are there so many Braves collectors?
Break it up like this.. Find out the average age of all the braves fan on here. Most will be in the range of 25-40 years old (my guess). The braves were top notch in the 90s and look at all the stars and HOF'ers they produced from that era. Thats one of the reasons.

Also, the Braves have been around much longer than half the league.

And as a Met fan, the braves are one of 5 teams i really dislike because they always destroy the mets. But thats a personal quam. Smile
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

because the Braves are just awesome (PERIOD)
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

I collect Milwaukee Braves Because I live In Wisconsin
which is where the braves are originally from, so I guess I do like Atlanta Braves too.
Alot of older people in wisconsin who grew up watching the Milwaukee braves still like them best.

Not to be a up start or anything but when your team is owned by Ted Turner its pretty easy to be on almost every tv screen in the country TBS stands for Turner Broadcasting Systems and of course there's Time warner the cable company both owned by turner. I think it was 2007 the Braves were sold for 461 million I think to Liberty Media. I believe this is one reason you don't see to many games any more.

(06-27-2011, 03:47 PM)baseball dad Wrote: Not to be a up start or anything but when your team is owned by Ted Turner its pretty easy to be on almost every tv screen in the country TBS stands for Turner Broadcasting Systems and of course there's Time warner the cable company both owned by turner. I think it was 2007 the Braves were sold for 461 million I think to Liberty Media. I believe this is one reason you don't see to many games any more.
yea, I remember when the Ted sold the Braves and I stopped seeing games televised on TBS. Now the games are mainly on Peachtree tv and sports south.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

(06-27-2011, 08:01 AM)bosoxfan1971 Wrote: The Braves fans know how to read and write. And are able to use a computer.
I hope that was a joke! (Obviously, you ARE kidding but cmon haha)
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(06-27-2011, 03:47 PM)baseball dad Wrote: Not to be a up start or anything but when your team is owned by Ted Turner its pretty easy to be on almost every tv screen in the country TBS stands for Turner Broadcasting Systems and of course there's Time warner the cable company both owned by turner. I think it was 2007 the Braves were sold for 461 million I think to Liberty Media. I believe this is one reason you don't see to many games any more.
Actually AOL/Time Warner bought out all Turner broadcast properties and the Braves...The liberty media deal was a stock swap basically where AOL/TW didn't want the Braves. Liberty media I think also got direcTV in the deal. Liberty media would like to ditch the Braves b/c all tax breaks they get expire in a year or two

(06-27-2011, 05:31 PM)iconms Wrote: I hope that was a joke! (Obviously, you ARE kidding but cmon haha)
What joke? They are able to read, write, and use a computer. So you see lot's of them on here.

Other teams fans, don't know. Hard to say when you see the actions of some fans. I am a Red Sox fan for life, but live in Central GA. I go up and catch several games a year in Atlanta. No problems bringing my wife and kids (if we can afford all 5 of us). And never any violence or fights. Boston is a lot different. I love to go, but a different atmosphere. L.A., bring a bodyguard so you don't end up in a coma.

The neighborhood in Atlanta is not the best, but stick with the crowds walking to your car and you are fine.