`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not interested in collecting cards anymore...

Not interested in collecting cards anymore...
Hey everyone I haven't really been on this site for a few weeks and for the most part have left the hobby completly. I took most of my better cards (except my ducks) and put them up for sale on comc. However I've made to many friends and have had tons of fun searching after pieces for my collection to just abandon the hobby. So Im not really sure how to get back into collectiing. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Collecting Anaheim Ducks looking for
2007-08 SP Authentic Sign of the Times Triples #ST3GPR Ryan Getzlaf#{Corey Perry#{Bobby Ryan found in 2007-08 SP Authentic Sign of the Times Triples
Will trade for or purchase it
My bucket http://s1237.photobucket.com/home/duckangelfan

RE: Not interested in collecting cards anymore...
Im a bit confused about your request.....just get back in and go after players or teams that interest you. Maybe get a couple of boxes to break to add traders to your selection....that willl enable you to trdae for those that you want

Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

agree with above
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Do you mean you would like to know how to get back into the spirit of collecting? That has to come from yourself. I lost it myself, but have the few that I love still in hand. I will not give up my Jaroslav Halak RC's, or my Scratching The Surface collection. I have put too much into both of them, and have made too many friends here in the Beckett community to walk away all together. Now I am just going to have my small PC and keep the friendships alive.

I know that this post is not too informative, thus far, so maybe try taking a hiatus all together. Wait until the 2011-12 Season hits and start watching again. It might just be the spark you need. Good luck with your endeavors either way! Please let me know if I have anything that you are in need of.

Randi

I agree with everyone above. I have been collecting Hockey cards since I was ten and was watching my boys the Bruins, sitting on my parents floor, putting my 1980-81 Topps in order by team with my mom yelling at me because I made a mess from all that black stuff from the puck. My friend Russ and I traded Team stickers and # that we needed, and we could walk down to Lein's convience store and buy wax with our allowance and have money left over. Times have changed. I can't bankroll my collection with my kids college savings, so my collecting has dropped signifigantly.
I have my Bourque OPC RC and Messier RC and Gretzky 2nd year. Plus a few other rookies like my Tommy John (really cool having a surgery named after you), ARod RC and my Bird/Magic.
Let me say that now paying for Organize is really making my decision to stay on this site a lot easier as well. It is a great ease to have a place to have all my cards for trade, but at 19.95 a year for something that was free for years might keep me at bay.

Thanks for listening.

I agree with Randi take a break for a while if you need to. I took one major one from when my team moved away to 2009-10 season...

(06-26-2011, 08:38 AM)igloo11 Wrote: Let me say that now paying for Organize is really making my decision to stay on this site a lot easier as well. It is a great ease to have a place to have all my cards for trade, but at 19.95 a year for something that was free for years might keep me at bay.
I agree this could hurt beckett in the long run in my mind...
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)