`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
huh? why is this card worth so much?

huh? why is this card worth so much?
i just realized i had this card sitting around not knowing its worth...

2011 Topps Black #589 Seattle Mariners

its only #60 but wow? OPEN TO TRADE OR SELL!!
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

RE: huh? why is this card worth so much?
whats it look like?
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

most likely because Ichiro is pictured on the card that usually jacks up the price. I can use it Im only trading thought here are my links:

Edit: All trading on Beckett has to be done through the organize and trade tab. -Mod

off topic.

loadwarrior how long did it take to complete the 08 legacy mem? i currently have 20/42.

supremelou

Its not complete yet I still need the piniella and gehrig, but I started in 2008 got lucky and pulled two the rest I have traded for
Barry

(06-23-2011, 04:27 PM)loadwarior Wrote: most likely because Ichiro is pictured on the card that usually jacks up the price. I can use it Im only trading thought here are my links:

Edit: All trading on Beckett has to be done through the organize and trade tab. -Mod

yea warrior im willing to trade but only through here. im a longstanding member on here so let me know.

(06-23-2011, 04:26 PM)favre3mvp Wrote: whats it look like?
its just a typical topps black card. im just shocked a mariners team card is so much. good for me i guess. i will be loading pics later

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

You may have already missed the boat. The first couple of blacks listed always sell for crazy stupid money. Then after the fourth or fifth one is listed they settle to their normal prices.

For example here is the card you have.
#51/60 sold for $42.65 on 6/15
#1/60 sold for $40.60 on 6/13

then

#23/60 sold for $10.50 on 6/22

I doubt you see it fluctuating much more than this. This is just one example, but it happens across the board. The first Ryan Doumit sold for $77+. Tell me how that makes any sense at all? Really need to be the first to list to make the big bucks.

mrhurtado17

thats fine I had planned on trading through the organize / trade that is if I can figure it all out just lmk if you found anything you can use for it. Although Im not really looking to give up a $60 auto for a $60 serial numbered card, but let me know none the less
thanks
barry

a lot of the Topps Black cards /60 sell crazy! Watch the Pujols some time. Its BV isn't outragous but it sells like crazy!
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(06-23-2011, 05:00 PM)iujapander Wrote: You may have already missed the boat. The first couple of blacks listed always sell for crazy stupid money. Then after the fourth or fifth one is listed they settle to their normal prices.

For example here is the card you have.
#51/60 sold for $42.65 on 6/15
#1/60 sold for $40.60 on 6/13

then

#23/60 sold for $10.50 on 6/22

I doubt you see it fluctuating much more than this. This is just one example, but it happens across the board. The first Ryan Doumit sold for $77+. Tell me how that makes any sense at all? Really need to be the first to list to make the big bucks.
[
My point wasnt ebay or really sales at all. I am just shocked Beckett even listed it that high at all. When I sell from now on I will have to contact you I guess you are the expert, huh? lol
[quote='loadwarior' pid='1593669' dateline='1308867756']
mrhurtado17

thats fine I had planned on trading through the organize / trade that is if I can figure it all out just lmk if you found anything you can use for it. Although Im not really looking to give up a $60 auto for a $60 serial numbered card, but let me know none the less
thanks
barry
i cant view anything til u have stuff listed! your links were taken down because you cant do that. once u list stuff let me know. im looking for similar value if we are trading but if you want to buy i will sell for %50 off.