`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the heck did Donruss change to Panini

Why the heck did Donruss change to Panini
I think of a sandwich when I see that name. Also, do they not deal in baseball cards anymore?
Collect Royals players ie Billy Butler, Eric Hosmer, Alcides Escobar and others ie Cliff Lee, David Ortiz etc...

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w187/...utographs/

RE: Why the heck did Donruss change to Panini
Panini is a European company that bought Donruss/Playoff/Leaf. Right now Topps is the only company licensed by MLB to do baseball cards.

(06-22-2011, 01:36 PM)_ZENAS_ Wrote: Panini is a European company that bought Donruss/Playoff/Leaf. Right now Topps is the only company licensed by MLB to do baseball cards.
I am just getting back into newer baseball cards and I was not aware of this fact.

I have been trying to research when fleer, donruss, score all changed- for baseabll cards.

Anyone can PM me with that info or a link.

Fleer was bought by Upper Deck in the early-mid 2000's - but UD continued to issue cards in the Fleer brand until 2007 or 2008.

Score/Donruss/Playoff/Leaf I believe through a series of mergers are all under the "Panini" umbrella now.

Dates may not be exactly accurate

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(06-22-2011, 02:09 PM)ceocards Wrote: Fleer was bought by Upper Deck in the early-mid 2000's - but UD continued to issue cards in the Fleer brand until 2007 or 2008.

Score/Donruss/Playoff/Leaf I believe through a series of mergers are all under the "Panini" umbrella now.

Leaf is the old Razor now.... confused? lol....
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Wow, I didnt know about this. So many changes in this hobby. I guess I'll just stick to Topps and Bowman stuff.
Collect GU/AU of Biggio, Berkman, and Oswalt. Also interested in any Astros/Rangers GU/AU cards. Thanks!

Updated: 7/12/2011
Collecting: 2011 Topps Comm Patch, have 37/100

Wow, I didn't know about this. So many changes in this hobby. I guess I'll just stick to Topps and Bowman stuff.
Collect GU/AU of Biggio, Berkman, and Oswalt. Also interested in any Astros/Rangers GU/AU cards. Thanks!

Updated: 7/12/2011
Collecting: 2011 Topps Comm Patch, have 37/100

The Leaf name was not purchased by Panini. It was a rented name for Donruss-Playoff so it was not theirs to sell.

Story about the sale:

http://www.beckett.com/news/2009/03/the-...layoff-lp/

There are a TON of stories about all kinds of stuff from 2008-today at www.beckett.com/news.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

(06-22-2011, 02:09 PM)ceocards Wrote: Fleer was bought by Upper Deck in the early-mid 2000's - but UD continued to issue cards in the Fleer brand until 2007 or 2008.

Thanks for the info. I a lot has changed since I last bought new / current cards.