Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Here's my point

RE: Here's my point
Gonzo- I know how hard it can be to hang with the me Smile
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY

(06-21-2011, 09:20 PM)ripkenfan72 Wrote: But girl it was such a pretty patch. I couldn't help my greedy little self.

"My name is Teresa. I am addicted to auto patches. I have been sober for 0 days and dream colored patches and sigs ALL THE TIME. I think I need some help."
Now this is too funny!!!
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

(06-21-2011, 10:27 PM)whodeyalltheway Wrote: Gonzo- I know how hard it can be to hang with the me Smile
*Leaving to sulk with my cardboard....*
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

Gonzo even there your the odd man out and picked last in dodgeball, last behind CARDBOARD haha... JK with ya buddy, how have you been lately. Im sure your pc is still sick as usual.
WHO-DEY

I have to say that by and large I am pleased with my reception here on the Beckett forum. Sure I ruffled a few feathers with some of my more opinionated posts here and there. But we are entitled to opinions right? Despite my strong opinions most people have been open and fair with me.

Sure I have had dealings with a few people that I might consider greedy scumbags, hellbent on taking my good cards and trading me a bunch of 1992 fleer in the name of fairness....But I think I deal with just as many of these people in real life as I do on the internet so it doesn't really bother me. Are there elitists here who don't want anything to do with you unless you are buying $4-500 boxes? Sure! And I have quickly learned who they are, and don't really have a desire to deal with these people.

I think however, that there are far more COLLECTORs who are into PC cards lowend-high. I only have 25 or so trades under my belt, but they have all been with great members and have all been for the most part pretty low end cards. I think the trick is just hangin around and seeing how other people interact with each other, and also joining in on the convos from time to time! There are great traders here, who will for no reason what so ever slip an incredible auto into a $10 trade just because they thought that it would look better in your collection than theirs.

Do I get to sit at the big kids table now? probably not. But I'm cool chillin at the picnic table eating popsicles and such, waiting for my turn to hang with the cool kids.

(On a side note, I use weird analogies........)
[Image: steel-1.jpg]
Collecting Greenwood, Woodley, and other Steelers. Also collecting 1993 Pacific Prisms (Check my org for set needs)

My Bucket:
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/kennycooks/

lol I actually like that analogy Smile
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

Me too, and there isnt a table of cool kids, it is one huge round picnic table and everyone is equal until you do something to lose your respect and honor! King Arthur and his fearless knights! Big Grin
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

(06-21-2011, 09:16 PM)whodeyalltheway Wrote: I would just like to say that I know where your coming from and if you wish to "fit in" strike up a convo with me anytime I will never try and make anyone feel unwelcome. I was once a newbie and I understand where your coming from. I used to have an all base/inserts collection but I now have a pretty high end collection ranging from everything you could imagine but I havent changed as a person and I treat those with a low end collection and the high end collection equally. Hopefully you start to fit in a little more and if not i apologize for others rudeness.
Great! That's reassuring to hear/read lol. Looking forward to contacting you later!
(06-21-2011, 09:30 PM)branesergen Wrote: Hell I been here 2 years and still am not a part of the group lol
lmao!
[Image: rj11bannercopy.jpg]

*Feel free to PM me if you're looking to buy/trade cards of your fav players/teams.*
Let's Work A Deal! Thanks, Collection Nation! -RJ- Thanks, jkiddlridnour! Great Banner!

rj11- As do I, I love to talk the hobby and such. I work at a card shop so it is a big part of my life and I love sharing my successes, pc additions, collection purchases ect with others.
Hope to here from you bud and good luck on your collection, id love to see it if you would shoot me a link Smile
WHO-DEY

Time and time again I have seen extreme generosity among members on this site, but there is no way to keep all the jerks at bay, which is true in most aspects of life.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/